Academy of Mary Immaculate
|Academy of Mary Immaculate|
|Type||Independent, Single-sex, Day school|
|Motto||Latin: Speculum Sine Macula
("Mirror without Blemish")
Live The Truth
|Denomination||Roman Catholic, Sisters of Mercy|
|Principal||Sr Mary Moloney RSM|
|Colour(s)||Navy Blue, Yellow and White ‹See Tfm›‹See Tfm›‹See Tfm›|
The Academy is a well known school with girls recognisable for their unique uniform. It achieves good results in the VCE exams and is the oldest catholic school in Victoria. The Academy has experienced success in sport, speech, choir, debating and many other extra-curricular activities. Its central location makes it a popular inner city school and is notable for the Sisters of Mercy convent located within the school grounds.
- Anne Henderson – writer, deputy director of the Sydney Institute
- Alice Ross-King (1891–1968) – awarded the Florence Nightingale medal in 1949 by the International Red Cross for service in both World War I and World War II.
- Andree Marcelle Frame (1910–1967) – studied childbirth overseas, pioneered the idea of childbirth preparation, and became patron of the Childbirth Education Association (Australia) for her work in the field.
- Mary Maguire, actress
- Natalie Gauci, the 2007 winner of Australian Idol, teaches singing lessons.
- Abbey Lee Kershaw, supermodel
|This article related to a Victoria (Australia) school is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|