Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Compassion. Commitment. Connection.|
|Purpose||Nursing Association, Nursing Education, Professional Development|
The Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) is the only professional association for medical-surgical nurses in the United States. Its stated mission is "to promote excellence in medical-surgical nursing". AMSN was founded in 1991 and has chapters in all 50 states in the US.
AMSN PRISM Award®
The AMSN PRISM Award®, is co-sponsored by the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) and the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB) which administers the CMSRN® exam which is a medical-surgical nursing certification. PRISM stands for Premier Recognition In the Specialty of Med-surg. The AMSN PRISM Award provides special recognition to the exemplary practice of medical-surgical units.
- "AMSN Overview". Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- spyder (2012-12-19). "About Chapters". Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- spyder (2012-09-06). "AMSN PRISM Award®". Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- admin (2015-10-06). "CMSRN Resources". MSNCB. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- admin (2016-08-10). "AMSN PRISM Award". MSNCB. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
|This nursing organization–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|