Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel
|Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel|
Good Counsel Academy
52 North Broadway
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Principal||Sr. Laura Donovan|
|Student to teacher ratio||11:1|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold|
|Slogan||Educating confident women, compassionate leaders. Academic Excellence!|
|Mascot||Connie the Cougar|
|Rival||Maria Regina High School|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Publication||Maria (literary magazine)|
|Newspaper||The Chit Chat|
|Dean of Studies||Sr. M. Charlotte Brennan|
|Admissions Director||Mary Anne Polistina|
|Athletic Director||Maura Henderson Lynch|
The school provides clubs, athletic teams and special events. Good Counsel was honored by the United States Department of Education for its "outstanding progress in excellence in education."
There are 400 students and 37 members of the faculty.
The academy was established in 1922 by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion. For over a century, the Sisters of the Divine Compassion have equipped generations with a love of learning and with skills based on Christian values.
Girls of diverse religions and cultures are accepted on an equal basis. Religious studies as well as a strong Christian way of life provides the background for the overall atmosphere of peace and compassion. 
In 2014 it was reported that the community was looking into selling the property as costs for maintaining the buildings were becoming prohibitive. In February 2015 the Sisters announced that the Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel would close in July 2015. The community's leadership team reported, "multiple properties were investigated and eliminated as possible sites for relocation during this past year." The Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel Elementary School was scheduled to relocate and open in September 2015 at the former Holy Name of Jesus School in Valhalla, New York.
- MSA-CSS. "MSA-Commission on Secondary Schools". Archived from the original on 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- "About GCA". Archived from the original on 3 April 2007. Retrieved 11 December 2008.
- AOLGC. "Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel History". Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel website. Archived from the original on 2008-06-17. Retrieved 2007-08-01.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "RDC Leadership Message to the Good Counsel Academy HS Community"