Academy of Public Administration (Belarus)
|Акадэмія кіравання пры Прэзідэнце Рэспублікі Беларусь|
|before 1994 — Academy of Public Administration under the Council of Ministers of the BSSR
before 1995 — Academy of Public Administration under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus
|Motto||Belarusian: Веды для эфектыўнага кіравання!|
Motto in English
|Knowledge for efficient governance!|
|Established||29 January 1991|
|Address||220007, Republic of Belarus, Minsk, 17 Moscowskaya Str.|
|Sports||Indoor soccer, basketball, volleyball, sambo, judo, lawn tennis, aerobics, swimming, athletics|
The Academy of Public Administration under the aegis of the President of the Republic of Belarus (Belarusian: Акадэ́мiя кiрава́ння пры Прэзiдэ́нце Рэспу́блiкi Белару́сь, Russian: Акаде́мия управле́ния при Президе́нте Респу́блики Белару́сь), Minsk, is the leading higher educational establishment in a national education system of the Republic of Belarus and head establishment of education in system of training, retraining and in-service training of the personnel in management sphere.
The Academy of Public Administration was established in 1991 and it acquired the status of a presidential institution in 1995.
Today Academy of Public Administration under the aegis of the President of the Republic of Belarus claims to be not only a leading centre of science of the country in the field of the government, but also leading higher educational establishment in a national education system of the Republic of Belarus.
- 1 About Academy
- 2 Structure of Academy
- 3 International cooperation
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- 6 See also
The Academy of Public Administration under the aegis of the President of the Republic of Belarus carries out a complete educational course of managerial personnel training. Established in 1991, the Academy has acquired the status of a presidential institution and is considered to be the leading state higher educational establishment in the system of training, retraining and requalification of managerial personnel.
Academy teaching staff include 155 Doctors of Science and PhD holders. Ministers and heads of governmental structures, key specialists of industrial enterprises and institutions, prominent Belarusian scholars, statesmen and foreign specialists also take part in the educational process.
Each year more than 6000 students, trainees and post-graduate students attend courses at the Academy. About 4500 civil servants also take their upgrading courses here.
Every year the Academy members publish hundreds of research papers, dozens of monographs and teaching aids. The Academy pays close attention to the research work of students, young scientists. There is a Student Scientific Association and a Council of Young Scientists. The Academy has established a Council on theses defense for the Doctor of Economics degree.
The Academy of Public Administration organizes traditional international and national scientific conferences such as:
Information Resources Management, Public Administration (conference of young scientists), Theoretical, Methodological and Applied Aspects of the Public Administration in Belarus and Abroad (students' conference). The Academy of Public Administration publishes "Research Papers of the Academy of Public Administration under the aegis of the President of the Republic of Belarus", the journal Problems of Management. Both publications are on the list of the scientific periodicals of the Republic of Belarus that publish the results of thesis researches.
Structure of Academy
- Anatoly Shrubenko, Doctor of Economics, Professor (14 September 1992 to 3 April 2000)
- Peter Brigadin, Doctor of historical sciences, Professor (21 July 2000 to 14 November 2001)
- Peter Kuharchik, Dr.Sci.Tech., Professor (14 November 2001 to 25 April 2003)
- Stanislav Knyazev, Doctor of Law, Professor (25 April 2003 to 15 November 2007)
- Anatoly Morozevich, Dr.Sci.Tech., Professor (15 November 2007 to 2014)
- Marat Zhilinsky, Cand. Hist. Sci. (since 15 December 2014)
- First Pro-rector
- Pro-rector on study
- Pro-rector on scientific work
- Pro-rector on study
- Pro-rector on the general questions
- Office for HR and Legal Affairs
- Accounting and Finance Office
- Educational and Methodical Office
- Organization and Analysis Office
Managerial Personnel Institute
|Management Department||Innovative education department||Pre-university Education Department|
Civil Service Institute
|Education department||Re-education department||Career Enhancement Department|
- Organizational and Methodical Office
State Administration Theory and Practice Research Institute
- State Administration Research Center
- State Human Resources Policy Research Center
- Education Technologies Center
- Center for the Scientific Support for the Automated Data System Reserve
- Listeners and Students Research Laboratory
- IT Center
- Press Center
- Center for International Cooperation and Educational Programs
- Center for Upbringing and Youth Initiatives
- Trade complex of the Academy of Public Administration under the aegis of the Belarus President
- Publishing Center
- Postgraduate Studies Office
- Research and Innovations Planning and Organization Office
- Logistics Office
- Capital Projects Office
- Administration Office
The Centre was formed to promote Academy's international links and mutually beneficial contacts with related national and foreign educational and research establishments on the basis of bilateral and multilateral agreements and running programmes on cooperation aimed at task solution in managerial personnel training and re-qualification.
The Centre promotes Academy's cooperation with its partner institutions:
- Armenia – Academy of Public Administration of the Republic of Armenia
- Azerbaijan – Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Bulgaria – Foundation “Slavyane”
- China – China National School of Administration
- Cuba – Raul Roa Garcia Higher Institute of International Relations of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Cuba
- Czech Republic – College of Social and Administrative Affairs
- Germany – Federal University of Applied Administrative Sciences
- Kyrgyzstan – Academy of Management under the President of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Lithuania – Lithuanian Institute of Public Administration
- Moldova – Academy of Public Administration by President's Office of the Republic of Moldova
- Poland – Higher School of Management
- Russian Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of the MFA of Russia
- Volga-Vyatka Academy of Civil Service
- Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Moscow City Government University of Management
- Finance Academy under the Government of the Russian Federation
- Moscow Institute of Economics, Management and Law
- Murmansk branch of North West Academy of Public Administration
- Russian Customs Academy
- North-West Academy of Public Administration
- Orlov Regional Academy of Civil Service, Astrakhan State University
- Singapore – Singapore Civil Service College
- Uzbekistan – Academy of State and Social Construction under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Venezuela – School of Planning of Ministry of Planning and Development of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
- Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics and Public Administration
37 agreements have been signed between the Academy and its partner institutions.
The Centre actively supports student and faculty exchange.
The Centre for International Cooperation and Educational Programmes provides assistance in organizing meetings between Academy's governing body and prominent international figures, lectures by representatives of foreign missions and international organizations held both for teaching staff and students. The Academy was visited by the heads of diplomatic legations from Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, China, Cuba, Venezuela, Turkey, India, UK, France, South Korea, Israel, Poland, Germany, Iran, Lithuania, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Estonia and also by UNDP Resident Representative in Belarus.
Eurasian Association of Academies of Public Administration
Academies of Public Administration of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Ukraine will create the Eurasian Association of national academies and public administration and public service institutes. To sign authorized documents of Association it is planned in March, 2010 in Minsk.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Academy of Public Administration (Belarus).|
- "Official site of Academy of Public Administration under the aegis of the President of the Republic of Belarus".
- "International Student Information".
- "The scientifically-practical journal of Academy "Проблемы управления" (Problems of Management)".
- "Archive of the periodical of Academy of the newspaper "Зеркало" (The Mirror)".
- "Museum exhibition of the Academy of Public Administration".
- "President Visits the Academy of Public Administration".