Academy of Sciences of Afghanistan
|Persian: آکادمی علوم افغانستان|
Pashto: د علومو اکاډمي نښه
|Government agency overview|
|Government agency executive|
The Academy of Sciences of Afghanistan (ASA) (Persian: آکادمی علوم افغانستان, Pashto: د علومو اکاډمي نښه) is the official government agency of Afghanistan that regulates the Pashto and Dari Persian languages spoken in Afghanistan. It also works with Tajikistan and Iran's official government agencies to regulate literature.
The Academy was founded in 1978 by Dr. Gul Mohammed Noorzai, a historian, writer, and linguist as a result of the merging of older academic associations. The Academy has more than 300 research fellows, divided into three main groups: social science, natural sciences, and Islamic studies.
- Abdul Zahir Shakib, PhD (? - ?)
- Abdul Shakoor Rashad (? - 2021)
- Farid-ud-Din Mahmood, Shaykh-ul-Hadith (November 2021 - Present)
- Abdul Shakoor Rashad, Professor (? - 2021)
- Academy of Persian Language and Literature
- Rudaki Institute of Language and Literature
- Pashto Academy
- "د علومو اکاډمي نوی رئيس شيخ الحديث مولوي فريدالدين محمود معرفي شو | ASA". asa.gov.af.
- "Academy of Sciences of Afghanistan (ASA)". Interacademics. Archived from the original on 26 January 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Afghan academy appeals for help in reviving science". SciDevNet. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Official Website in English