|Planning region||Red Deer|
|Municipal district||M.D. of Acadia No. 34|
|• Governing body||M.D. of Acadia No. 34 Council|
|• Land||0.47 km2 (0.18 sq mi)|
|Elevation||716 m (2,349 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
Acadia Valley is located along Highway 41 commonly referred to as Buffalo Trail between Oyen and Medicine Hat and sits about 14.5 km (9.0 mi) west of the Alberta-Saskatchewan border. Acadia Valley sits at a elevation of 716 m (2,349 ft).
Named in 1910 by settlers from Nova Scotia.
As a designated place in the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, Acadia Valley recorded a population of 149 living in 71 of its 82 total private dwellings, a change of 8.8% from its 2011 population of 137. With a land area of 0.47 km2 (0.18 sq mi), it had a population density of 317.0/km2 (821.1/sq mi) in 2016.
As a designated place in the 2011 Census, Acadia Valley had a population of 137 living in 59 of its 63 total dwellings, a -2.1% change from its 2006 population of 140. With a land area of 0.48 km2 (0.19 sq mi), it had a population density of 285/km2 (739/sq mi) in 2011.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF) (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- Hamilton, William (1978). The Macmillan Book of Canadian Place Names. Toronto: Macmillan. p. 20. ISBN 0-7715-9754-1.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
- M.D. of Acadia No. 34 - Points of Interest
- Hamlet of Acadia Valley from the M.D. of Acadia No. 34 official web site