Accel World: Infinite Burst
|Accel World: Infinite Burst|
|Hepburn||Akuseru Wārudo INFINITE∞BURST|
|Directed by||Masakazu Obara|
by Reki Kawahara
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Accel World: Infinite Burst (Japanese: アクセル・ワールド INFINITE∞BURST Hepburn: Akuseru Wārudo INFINITE∞BURST) is a 2016 Japanese animated science fiction action film based on the Accel World light novel series written by Reki Kawahara and illustrated by HiMA. It was produced by Sunrise, directed by Masakazu Obara and co-written by Kawahara, featuring character designs by Yukiko Aikei. It premiered in Japan on July 23, 2016.
The story starts off with a 40-minute recap of what happened in the anime television series, with Sachiwa Misaka (voice of Kuroyukihime) narrating the recap. Then, it starts off showing a new character in what appears to be a gym. She had an accident that caused her to be hospitalized. The scene shifted off to a territory battle between Nega Nebulus and Great Wall, where Sky Raker and Ardor Maiden are fighting against two Burst Linkers. Meanwhile, Scarlet Rain and Blood Leopard are also battling off against multiple Linkers. The Scene shifted again to a battle between Silver Crow and Ash Roller. Black Lotus and Green Grandee appeared as each Legion's leaders. But before they could even battle, a huge storm appeared and destroyed the Battle Field and immediately disconnects all the linkers from the Accelerated World. Back in the Real World, Shinomiya informs that the Brain Burst Application doesn't work as the Icon is greyed out, rendering every linker unable to Burst Link.
- Nega Nebulus (Black Legion)
- Haruyuki Arita
- Takumu Mayuzumi
- Chiyuri Kurashima
- Akira Himi
- Other legions and organizations
- Prominence (Red Legion)
- Crypt Cosmic Circus (Yellow Legion)
- Great Wall (Green Legion)
- Leoniz (Blue Legion)
- 3 Other characters
Dengeki Bunko at their Autumn Festival 2015 event on October 4, 2015 announced that the light novel series will receive a new anime adaptation featuring an original story by Kawahara, titled Accel World: Infinite Burst, with the staff and cast returning from the anime television to reprise their roles in the film. In February 2016, the Dengeki Bunko Magazine announced in their 48th volume that the film is scheduled for release in Japanese theaters on July 23, 2016. The film's theme song, titled "Plasmic Fire", was performed by KOTOKO × ALTIMA.
A novel titled Accel World: Jump To Infinity (アクセル・ワールド－無限への跳躍－ Accel World -Mugen e no Chōyaku), also written by Kawahara, was given to those who watch the film within the first week of its premiere in Japanese theaters.
The film was ninth placed at the Japanese box office on its opening weekend.
- "アクセル・ワールド INFINITE∞BURST(2016)". allcinema (in Japanese). Stingray. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- "Accel World Novels Inspire New Accel World: Infinite Burst Anime". Anime News Network. October 4, 2015. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- Green, Scott (October 4, 2015). "Author Reki Kawahara to Write Story for New "Accel World" Anime". Crunchyroll. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "Accel World: Infinite Burst Film Slated for July 23". Anime News Network. February 9, 2016. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- Green, Scott (February 8, 2016). ""Accel World: Infinite Burst" Listed For July Theatrical Screening". Crunchyroll. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- Komatsu, Mikikazu (November 23, 2015). "VIDEO: Preview for "Accel World: Infinite Burst" Theme Song Performed by KOTOKO x ALTIMA". Crunchyroll. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "Yumi Hara, Yuuka Nanri Join Accel World Film's Cast". Anime News Network. March 13, 2016. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "Reki Kawahara Writes Accel World Short Story For 1st Accel World Infinite Burst Theatergoers". Anime News Network. July 9, 2016. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- "Japan Box Office Report – 7/23~7/24". tokyohive. 6Theory Media, LLC. July 20, 2016. Retrieved July 27, 2016.