Accent Records is a Belgian record label started in 1979 by Adelheid and Andreas Glatt, a German Instrument maker, releasing classical music from between 1500 AD and the 20th century, but primarily from the 17th and 18th centuries. Andreas Glatt has also worked as a sound engineer on other Belgian labels, such as Eufoda.
From the beginning the main focus of the repertory of Accent was on early music. There one will come across works, which sadly are encountered only rarely in concert or even on CD. Amazingly these come not only from little known composers but also from popular composers like Scarlatti, Schütz and Telemann. Yet the rarities were not recorded purely for their rarity value, but much more because they are important, previously neglected works, recorded at the personal request of the performer.
The performers, who recorded or have recorded for Accent, are among the most famous interpreters in the field of Early Music: The Kuijken Brothers, Barthold, Sigiswald and Wieland, René Jacobs, Jos van Immerseel, Konrad Junghänel, Erik van Nevel, María Cristina Kiehr, Paul Dombrecht, Frank Theuns, and Marcel Ponseele with his ensemble il Gardellino, but also younger performers like Ewald Demeyere, Luca Guglielmi, or new ensembles like Collegium 1704 under the direction of Vaclav Luks.
Artists having recorded for Accent Records
- Luc Devos (fortepiano)
- Paul Dombrecht (oboe, leader)
- Roel Dieltiens (violoncello)
- René Jacobs (countertenor)
- Konrad Junghänel (lute)
- Robert Kohnen (harpsichord)
- Sigiswald Kuijken (violin, viola da gamba, leader)
- Barthold Kuijken (flute)
- Wieland Kuijken (violoncello, viola da gamba)
- Marcel Ponseele (oboe)
- Raphaella Smits (guitar)
- Liuwe Tamminga (organ)
- Frank Theuns (traverso)
- Jos van Immerseel (fortepiano)
- Erik Van Nevel with Currende (vocal and instrumental ensemble)
- La Petite Bande (ensemble)
- La Colombina (ensemble)
- Concerto Palatino (ensemble)
- Batzdorfer Hofkapelle (ensemble)
- Private Musicke (ensemble)
- Stylus Phantasticus (ensemble)
- Il Gardellino (ensemble)
- Collegium 1704 (ensemble)
- Cantus Cölln (ensemble)
- Arthur Schoonderwoerd (fortepiano)
- Ensemble Cristofori (ensemble)
- Buddy Merrill (guitar)
- Fanfare: Volume 14, Issues 5-6 Joel Flegler - 1991 -"Eufoda's engineering has been very good since its early LPs over a decade ago; this was made by Andreas Glatt, who can be found in tasks removed from his own Accent label. "