Access Bank Rwanda
|Jean Claude Karayenzi
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$1,064,300 (RWF:711,800,000) (2013)|
|Total assets||US$83.4 million (RWF:55.8 billion) (2011)|
Number of employees
The bank is a medium-sized financial institution in Rwanda. According to its web site, it is the fourth-largest commercial bank in the country, based on assets. As of December 2011[update], the bank's total assets were US$83.4 million (RWF:55.8 billion, with shareholders equity of about US$9.72 million (RWF:6.65 billion).
The bank was first established in Rwanda in 1995, as Bancor SA, by a Ugandan investor. In 2000, after fourteen years of continuous successful banking operations, it was sold to Tribert Rujugiro, a Rwandese entrepreneur. In 2001, the bank was restructured and other investors of South African nationality were brought on board as part-owners. In August 2008, Access Bank Group, the Nigerian financial services provider took a 75% ownership in Bancor SA. In January 2009, the bank re-branded as Access Bank Rwanda.
Access Bank Group
- Access Bank plc – Nigeria
- Omnifinance Bank – Ivory Coast
- Banque Privée du Congo – Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Access Bank Rwanda – Rwanda
- Access Bank Sierra Leone – Sierra Leone
- Access Bank Gambia – The Gambia
- Access Bank United Kingdom – United Kingdom
- Access Bank Zambia – Zambia
- Finbank Burundi – Burundi
|Access Bank Rwanda Stock Ownership|
As of April 2010, the bank maintains branches in the following locations: 
- Main Branch – Kigali
- City Center Branch – Kigali
- Nyabugogo Branch – Nyabugogo, Kigali
- Remera Branch – Remera, Kigali
- Gisenyi Branch – Gisenyi
- Cyangugu Branch – Cyangugu
- Ruhengeri Branch – Ruhengeri
- Bugarama Branch – Bugarama, Cyangugu Province
- Jean Claude Karayenzi is Managing Director
- Gasore, Ben (10 April 2014). "Rwanda: Access Bank Makes RWF 711 Million Profit". The Ne Times via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Rwanda". Bnr.rw. Archived from the original on 2012-05-12. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Access Bank Rwanda Is 4th Largest Bank By Assets". Accessbankplc.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-27. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- Mukaaya, Eddie (2009-01-22). "Rwanda: Bancor Bank Rebrands Now Access Bank Rwanda". The New Times (Kigali). Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- Access Bank plc is Nigeria's 6th Largest Bank[dead link]
- Bienvenue à Omnifinance (in French)
- Banque Privee Du Congo Archived July 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Access Bank (Rwanda) Limited". Accessbankplc.com. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Access Bank (Gambia) Limited". Accessbankgambia.com. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- Isenged, Walter (2009-05-19). "Burundi: Finbank to Be Named Acess Bank". East African Business Week (Kampala). Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- Stock Ownership of Access Bank Rwanda[dead link]
- Branch Network of Access Bank Rwanda[dead link]