|City||Humboldt County, California|
First air date
Access Humboldt is a non-profit, community media organization formed in April 2006. It is a provider of Public-access television and FM Radio, operating from Humboldt County, California. It was initially formed to manage local cable franchise benefits on behalf of the County of Humboldt, California and the Cities of Eureka, Arcata, Fortuna, Rio Dell, Ferndale and Blue Lake. The community media center is based at the Eureka High School campus in Eureka, California. Access Humboldt seeks to deliver local voices via community media and is an active advocate in issues of community debate.
Public access TV
- Educational programming, Suddenlink Communications - EDUC8
- Live and pre-recorded local government up to national government programming, Suddenlink Communications - CIVIC10
- Locally focused and innovative story telling, Suddenlink Communications - AH11
- Local and non-local programming, Suddenlink Communications - AH12
- Civic programming, Wave Broadband channel 7 in Southern Humboldt County
It also provides an online archive for its users.
The station has been an active advocate for its community and audience, and has taken a position in a number of public debates, including:
- net neutrality
- concentration of media ownership.
- capping of the lifeline budget and budget reductions in other services.
- affordable access to high-speed internet
Access Humboldt includes its FCC-licensed and commercial-free FM radio broadcast. In addition to its FM radio broadcast, KZZH-LP provides its facility and equipment for community use in return for an annual subscription. Facilities include a studio equipped with green screen, stage platforms, lighting, cameras, control room and editing suite.
- http://www.accesshumboldt.net/site/about-us Archived 2018-07-16 at the Wayback Machine. About Us | Access Humboldt.
- "Google Scholar". scholar.google.com.
- http://www.accesshumboldt.net/site/kzzh-lp-community-radio-access-humboldt. KZZH-LP - Community Radio from Access Humboldt | Access Humboldt.
- Inc., Cavell, Mertz & Associates. "FCCInfo Results". www.fccinfo.com.
- http://www.accesshumboldt.net/site/channels-schedule Archived 2018-07-16 at the Wayback Machine. Channels Schedule | Access Humboldt]]
- "Locals get to know Access Humboldt".
- "Access Humboldt joins legal challenge against Sinclair Broadcasting station buy".
- "Your internet use could change as 'net neutrality' ends". Archived from the original on 2018-07-17. Retrieved 2018-07-17.
- "Access Humboldt Director shares concern over repeal of net neutrality - KIEM-TV - Redwood News". 14 December 2017.
- Rising, 18 Million; Humboldt, Access; Union, American Civil Liberties; Association, American Library; Appalshop; Foundation, Benton; Network, California Telehealth; Justice, Center for Media; Strategies, Center for Rural; ColorOfChange; Cause, Common; Action, Common Sense Kids; 2.0, Connect Your Community; America, Consumer Federation of; Union, Consumer; America, Communications Workers of; Progress, Demand; Alliance, Digital Inclusion; Fund, Free Press Action; Center, Georgetown Law; Institute, Greenlining; Reliance, Institute for Local Self; Rights, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human; Citizens, League of United Latin American; Project, Media Access; Project, Media Mobilizing; NAACP; Center, National Consumer Law; Raza, National Council of La; Alliance, National Digital Inclusion; League, National Urban; Media, Native Public; Coalition, National Hispanic Media; Advocates, OCA – Asian Pacific American; Institute, Open Technology; Knowledge, Public; TURN; Inc., United Church of Christ, OC (21 June 2016). "Coalition Letter to House of Representatives Opposing Attempts to Cap the Lifeline Program Budget". Cite journal requires
|journal=(help)CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- 18MillionRising.org; Humboldt, Access; Institute, American Indian Policy; Association, American Library; Foundation, Benton; Network, California Telehealth; Justice, Center for Media; Change, Color of; Cause, Common; Action, Common Sense Kids; America, Communications Workers of; Kos, Daily; Progress, Demand; Foundation, Electronic Frontier; Engine; EveryLibrary.org; Future, Fight for the; Press, Free; Coalition, Future of Music; Institute, Greenlining; Alliance, Harry Potter; Self-Reliance, Institute for Local; Policy, Just Foreign; Alliance, Media; NAACP; Raza, National Council of La; Alliance, National Digital Inclusion; Coalition, National Hispanic Media; Media, Native Public; Institute, New America's Open Technology; Cities, Next Century; Initiative), Open MIC (Open Media and Information Companies; OpenMedia; Resistance, Popular; Knowledge, Public; Coalition, Schools, Health & Libraries Broadband (SHLB); Consortium, The Media; Inc., United Church of Christ, OC (3 March 2016). "Coalition Letter to Fox News Encouraging Moderators to Ask Presidential Candidates about Affordable Access to High-Speed Internet". Cite journal requires
- "KZZH-LP". www.radionomy.com.