Access Television Network
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- This article is about the American infomercial channel. For the television channel in Alberta that previously used the Access name, see CTV Two Alberta.
Access Television Network (ATN) was a company based in Coral Gables, Florida, that distributed infomercials and other paid programming to about 300 cable television systems and attracted more than 35 million households at its peak. The satellite television channel was generally broadcast by cable systems on existing channels during the early morning hours when no regular programming was scheduled. In late 2002, ATN expanded with the purchase of the Product Information Network (PIN), a similar 24-hour cable infomercial network.
ATN was founded by William Bernard in 1993 in Irvine, California. It had over 200 shareholders which included a venture capital firm Spectrum Equity Investors and the Hearst Family Fund. ATN bought out Spectrum Equity with a loan through Wells Fargo Foothill. This loan was in turn purchased by Gladstone Capital who is the current largest debt holder of ATN.
In early 2012 ATN ceased operations as it could no longer generate sufficient revenues to pay its affiliates and satellite transponder obligations. George Henry filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy for Pacific Media Direct LLC on July 13, 2012.
- Official site
- Cable network devotes airtime to mag-o-mercials - informercial maker, Access Television Network, to market magazines on new channel. Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management, August 1, 1997 by Andrew Burns[dead link]
- RnetHealth.com Inks Pact For Access Television Network's Ad Avails; Purchases Short Form Advertising Inventory To Reach Up To 32.0 Million Cable Households Daily. Business Wire, August 2, 2000[dead link]
- Hoover's: Access Television Network
- LyngSat Address: Access Television Network
- PanAmSat: Galaxy 11