|Traded as||LSE: ACSO|
|Industry||Amusement park virtual queue systems|
|Predecessor||The Tellurian Devices Company|
|Tom Burnet (CEO) John Alder (CFO), Steve Brown (COO)|
|Services||ticketing, virtual queuing, guest management, ecommerce, access control|
|Revenue||£29.1 million (2012)|
|Profit||£3.2 million (2012)|
|Total equity||£7.5 million (2011)|
|Subsidiaries||Located in Europe and North America|
'accesso' (formerly Lo-Q) is a publicly listed technology company based in Berkshire, England. The company designs and integrates ticketing and virtual queue systems in amusement parks, water parks and other attractions.
The concept of virtual queuing for amusement rides dates back to several World's fairs in the 20th century where time tickets were printed for attractions. In the 1990s, Leonard Sim realised the need for a similar system for amusement parks. In 1998, the first system was developed and prototyped at Thorpe Park. In August 2000, Lo-Q was formed. The company has since developed products such as the Qbot, Qtxt, Qband and Qsmart which operate at various locations across the world.
On 5 December 2012, Lo-Q announced its acquisition of leading US ticketing and e-Commerce company, accesso, for £13.7 million. In November 2013, Lo-Q repositioned their overall brand as accesso to reflect the company's operations. On 5 December 2013, accesso acquired leading North American ticketing and point-of-sale provider, Siriusware. The company now operates with three divisions: accesso LoQueue, accesso Passport and Siriusware.
The LoQueue division's primary industry is in virtual queue devices for amusement parks, water parks and attractions. Their products include the Qbot, Qband and Qsmart. Several patents have been registered for their concepts.
The 'Qbot' is the division's most widely sold product. It is a handheld device which park guests can rent for the day. On the device, users can select an amusement ride they wish to queue for and the device will add them to a virtual queue. The Qbot device will notify users once their virtual queue time has elapsed through vibration and beeping. In 2011, the 'Qband' was introduced for use at water parks. The device, which is similar in size and shape to a watch, functions similarly to the Qbot. The Qsmart requires users to have a smartphone which they can use to join virtual queues in a similar method to the Qbot. It replaced the Q-txt product which allowed any mobile phone to register a spot in virtual queues.
accesso Passport is the company's e-commerce and ticketing division. Ticketing products have been purchased by a variety of chains around the world including Cedar Fair, Six Flags, and Palace Entertainment.
In 2008, accesso Passport ticketing solution won the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) award for Best New Product in the Revenue and Admission Control category.
In 2011, the company, operating as Lo-Q, won the Queen's Award for International Trade as a result of the company doubling their exports and increasing their international sales by 120% over the course of 3 years.
In November 2012, the IAAPA Brass Ring Award was presented to the company for its Qband.
- There is still a queue line system here, but it isn't a Lo-Q system
- "October 2011 preliminary announcement" (PDF). Lo-Q. October 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Whiterow, Philip (29 March 2012). "Lo-Q in the fast lane as new products come on stream". Proactive Investors Australia. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- Wiess, Will. "The Waiting Game". Themed Attractions. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Company Overview". Lo-Q. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- Pritchard, Phill (3 October 2011). "Virtual Queuing in the UK". UK Park News. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Flamingo Land Resort eases the queuing pain for visitors with Text-Q ride reservation system from Lo-Q". Source Wire. 22 April 2009. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Products - Lo-Q Plc". Your Guide. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Lo-Q is now "accesso"" (Press release). Wall Street Journal. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- "accesso acquires Siriusware". accesso. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- US 6529786, Sim, Leonard, "Queue management system", published 1997-05-22, assigned to Maria N. Von Buhr and Chad Rapp
- US 2008080445, Bayne, Christopher; Butler, Christopher; Sim, Leonard, "Reservation Management System and Method", published 2008-04-03
- US 2010277276, Bayne, Christopher; Butler, Christopher; Sim, Leonard, "System For Regulating Access To A Resource", published 2010-11-04
- "Lo-Q wins Queen's Award for International Trade". Proactive Investors USA & Canada. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Lo-Q signs new deal with Six Flags". International Business Times. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Lo-Q to power smartphone ticketing pilot at London Eye". International Business Times. 8 November 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Lo-Q, MasterCard partner for contactless payments in theme parks". ContactlessNews. 5 December 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "News Highlights" (PDF). Lo-Q. 2010. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Lo-Q to install Q-band solution at Dollywood Splash Country". Lo-Q. 2010. Retrieved January 2013.
- "The Great Escape: GO FAST Pass". Six Flags. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- Gwinnett, Giles (13 January 2012). "Lo-Q wins further contract at Merlin Entertainments site". Proactive Investors Australia. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Lo-Q Our Company News". Lo-Q. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Lo-Q extends relationship with Palace Entertainment site". accesso. Retrieved 2013.
- "Six Flags White Water: Flash Pass at White Water". Six Flags. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- Whiterow, Philip (31 January 2012). "Lo-Q to install Q-band system in ninth Six Flags water park". Proactive Investors. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Q-Smart Technology Will Debut at Compagnie des Alpes’ Walibi Holland" (Press release). accesso. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Lo-Q to install Q-band at Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas and Wet'n'Wild Phoenix" (PDF) (Press release). Lo-Q. 10 June 2013. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- "Cedar Fair chooses accesso to drive e-commerce platform". Amusement Today. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- "Mission Admission". Park World Magazine. 28 January 2009. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- "Kernels – September 2012". Park World Magazine. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- "Lo-Q wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise". SourceWire. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Lo-Q takes Brass Ring Award". InterPark Magazine: 28. January–February 2013.