A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: RCM|
Russell 2000 Component
R1 RCM is an American healthcare revenue cycle management company servicing hospitals, health systems and physician groups across the United States. The company provides end-to-end revenue cycle management services as well as modular services targeted across the revenue cycle including pre-registration, financial clearance, charge capture, coding, billing and follow-up, underpayments, and denials management.
R1 RCM was founded as Accretive Health in 2003 by Mary Tolan and Michael Cline. Tolan served as the company's president, chief executive officer, and board director until 2013. Cline served as board chairman between 2009 and 2013.
In July 2011, an Accretive Health employee's laptop containing unencrypted patient data was stolen from their personal vehicle. In 2012, responding to a Senate inquiry, the company stated that nine thefts of patient data-bearing company laptops had occurred in 2011, and that 30 company laptops had lacked encryption. As a consequence, in 2013, Accretive Health entered into a 20-year settlement with the Federal Trade Commission over its data security measures.
In July 2012, Accretive Health entered into a $2.5 million settlement with the Minnesota Attorney General following an investigation into the company's debt collection practices. The company admitted no wrongdoing.
On July 21, 2014, Emad Rizk replaced Schuckenbrock as CEO.
In December 2014, the company restated certain previously filed financial statements and, in June 2015, announced that they had completed their 2014 SEC filings The company filed its 2015 Q2 10-Q with the SEC in August 2015.
In 2015, Ascension selected Accretive Health as its exclusive hospital revenue cycle partner. As part of the transaction, Ascension and TowerBrook Capital Partners invested $200M to support growth initiatives at Accretive Health.
In 2017, Accretive Health was renamed as R1 RCM.
In mid-2017, R1 RCM announced a further expansion of the agreement with Ascension to include an additional $1.5B in net patient revenue handled, which included physician group revenue cycle services.
In February 2018, R1 RCM announced it had agreed to acquire Intermedix Corporation for approximately $460 Million.
- Schorsch, Kristen (May 20, 2015). "Accretive Health plans board refresh". Crain's Chicago Business.
- Stawicki, Elizabeth (June 19, 2012). "Accretive's stolen laptop contained patient names, Swanson says". MPR News.
- "Accretive Health Reaches Accord With FTC Over Adequacy of Data Security Measures". Bloomberg BNA. January 6, 2014.
- "Accretive Health Settles FTC Charges That It Failed to Adequately Protect Consumers' Personal Information". ftc.gov. Federal Trade Commission. December 31, 2013.
- Siddiqui, Zeba (July 30, 2012). "Accretive Health to exit Minnesota under settlement". Reuters.
- Wang, Andrew L. (November 13, 2013). "Accretive's Tolan stepping down as chairman". Crain's Chicago Business.
- Schorsch, Kristen; Corfman, Thomas A. (April 2, 2013). "Accretive replaces CEO Mary Tolan". Crain's Chicago Business.
- Frost, Peter (March 17, 2014). "Accretive Health delisted from NYSE". Chicago Tribune.
- "Accretive Health Appoints Emad Rizk, M.D., as President and CEO". Accretive Health. July 10, 2014. Archived from the original on July 4, 2015.
- Kutscher, Beth (December 30, 2014). "Happy New Year: Accretive Health returns to the black… for 2013". Crain's Chicago Business.
- "Accretive Health to Release 2014 Results and Host Conference Call on June 23". Business Wire. June 16, 2015.
- Murphy, Brooke (Feb 16, 2016). "Accretive Health, Ascension finalize 10-year partnership". Becker's Hospital CFO Report.
- Dave Barkholz (January 5, 2017). "Accretive Health changes performance, then name to R1". Modern Healthcare.
- Gooch, Kelly (May 10, 2017). "R1 RCM expands, amends agreement with Ascension". Becker's Hospital CFO Report.
- "R1 to Acquire Intermedix Corporation". ir.r1rcm.com.