Accrington Cricket Club
|Overseas player(s):||Ockert Erasmus (South Africa)|
|Home ground:||Thorneyholme Road|
|Lancashire League wins:||1914, 1915, 1916, 1961, 1975, 2008, 2009, 2013|
Accrington Cricket Club is a cricket club in the Lancashire League, which play their home games at Thorneyholme Road in Accrington. For the 2011 season their captain is Jimmy Hayhurst and their professional is Ashar Zaidi.
The club was formed in 1846  and became a founder member of the Lancashire League in 1892. The club has won the League on five occasions, fielding well known cricketers including David Lloyd, Graeme Fowler, Nathan Astle, Bobby Simpson, Eddie Barlow and Shane Warne. In the 21st century, however, the club has struggled and in 2007 it was revealed that the club had debts exceeding £10,000 and that its future was at risk. The club have struggled through these problems though and won the double in 2008 and retained the league title against the odds in 2009.
- 1st XI League Winners - 8 - 1914, 1915, 1916, 1961, 1975, 2008, 2009, 2013
- Worsley Cup Winners - 4 - 1936, 1970, 1986, 2008
- Ron Singleton Colne Trophy Winners - 2 - 2013, 2014
- 2nd XI League Winners - 1 - 1912
- 2nd XI (Lancashire Telegraph) Cup Winners - 3 - 1978, 1979, 2000
- 3rd XI League Winners - 1 - 2001
- Highest 50 overs score - 341-5 v Rawtenstall, May 6, 2006
- Accrington CC at lancashireleague.com
|This article about a cricket team in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|