|Initial release||September 25, 2010|
|Stable release||1.2.1 / October 28, 2015|
|Type||Source code editor|
|License||New BSD License|
Previously known as Bespin or lately Skywriter, it is now known as Ace (Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor). Bespin and Ace started as two independent projects both aiming to build a no-compromise code editor component for the web. Bespin started as part of Mozilla Labs and was based on the
<canvas> tag, while Ace is the Editor component of the Cloud9 IDE and is using the DOM for rendering. After the release of Ace at JSConf.eu 2010, in Berlin, the Skywriter team decided to merge Ace with a simplified version of Skywriter's plugin system and some of Skywriter's extensibility points. All these changes have been merged back to Ace now, which supersedes Skywriter. Both Ajax.org and Mozilla are actively developing and maintaining Ace.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Auto indentation and outdent.
- An optional command line.
- Work with large documents (Handles hundreds of thousands of lines without issue).
- Fully customizable key bindings including Vi and Emacs modes.
- Themes (TextMate themes can be imported).
- Search and replace with regular expressions.
- Highlight matching parentheses.
- Toggle between soft tabs and real tabs.
- Displays hidden characters.
- Highlight selected word.
- Multiple cursor selection
Projects using Ace
- AppLaud Cloud
- Caret Chrome OS editor
- Cloud9 IDE
- CMS Made Simple
- Developer Companion
- Mozilla Add-on Builder
- Neutron IDE
- Play My Code
- Qooxdoo playground
- Radiant CMS
- Sky Edit
- Skyost's Paste
- Titan Framework
- Tumblr(theme editor)
- Dangoor, Kevin (2011-01-18). "Mozilla Skywriter has been merged into Ace". Mozilla Labs. Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- "Ace in GitHub". cloud9ide.posterous.com. 2011.
- "Edit like an Ace". github.com. 2011.
- leanote. "Leanote集成Ace代码编辑器, 我们的最爱". leanote.leanote.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|