Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
|Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown|
|Developer(s)||Bandai Namco Studios|
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Genre(s)||Combat flight simulator|
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown[a] is an upcoming combat flight action video game developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. An entry in the long-running Ace Combat series, it will be released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in January 2019, and for Microsoft Windows the following month. The PlayStation 4 version will feature exclusive missions for PlayStation VR.
The game is set in 2019 during a conflict between the Osean Federation and the Kingdom of Erusea known as the Second Usean Continental War. The player, callsign "Trigger", fights for the Osean Air Defense Force against Erusea's unmanned drones. Trigger starts out as a member in Osea's Mage Squadron before being accused of murdering a former president and being sent to Osea's Spare Squadron, a penal military unit, for atonement.
Development and release
Announced in 2015 and originally set to be released in 2017, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown will be released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 18, 2019, and for Microsoft Windows on February 1, 2019. The PlayStation 4 version will feature exclusive missions for PlayStation VR. Two-player local multiplayer will also be featured. The game is the first of the series to use Unreal Engine 4. Pre-orders for the PlayStation 4 will come with a free emulated copy of the PlayStation 2 game Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War to download from the PlayStation Store, while Xbox One players will receive the Xbox 360 title Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation running through the Xbox One's backwards compatibility feature.
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (エースコンバット7 スカイズ・アンノウン Ēsu Konbatto 7: Sukaizu an'nōn)
- Butterworth, Scott. "Ace Combat 7 Coming Exclusively to PlayStation 4". GameSpot. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Osborn, Alex. "Ace Combat 7 Delayed to 2018". IGN. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Sato. "Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Takes Off On January 18 Release On PS4 And Xbox One". Siliconera. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "HIT THE AFTERBURNERS AND LIGHT UP THE SKIES IN BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT'S ACE COMBAT 7". Gamasutra. December 5, 2015. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- Goldfarb, Andrew (December 5, 2015). "PSX 2015: ACE COMBAT 7 REVEALED". IGN. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Ace Combat 7 Coming to Xbox One and PC, 'New Years Showcase' trailer - Gematsu". gematsu.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- Palumbo, Alessio (December 8, 2015). "Ace Combat 7 Trailer Was Fully Real-time;Development At 20%". wccftech.com. WCCFTech. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- Lai, Pearl (Sep 18, 2018). "Ace Combat 7: Pre-Order to Get Free Ace Combat 5, PS4 Theme and More". PlayStation Blog. Sony Interactive Entertainment. Retrieved Sep 20, 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Ace Combat|
|This flight simulation video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|