Ace in the Hole (George Strait song)
|"Ace in the Hole"|
|Single by George Strait|
|from the album Beyond the Blue Neon|
|B-side||"Oh Me, Oh My, Sweet Baby"|
|Released||July 17, 1989|
|Format||CD Single, 7" single|
|Recorded||October 12, 1988|
|Genre||Country, Western Swing|
|Producer(s)||Jimmy Bowen & George Strait|
|George Strait singles chronology|
"Ace in the Hole" the title of a song written by Dennis Adkins, and recorded by American country music artist George Strait. George's touring band is called "The Ace in the Hole Band." It was released in July 1989 as the third single from his album Beyond the Blue Neon. It became his 18th #1 single as well as his 11th in a row.
The song is about life and how you have to keep a few tricks up your sleeve in order to get ahead. Every one is fighting to succeed and have a good life and in order to beat out the competition you have to have some good people around you.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||15|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||37|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 336.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 6569." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 11, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "George Strait – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for George Strait.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1989". RPM. December 23, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Best of 1989: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
|Billboard Hot Country Singles
November 4, 1989
"Burnin' Old Memories"
by Kathy Mattea
|RPM Country Tracks
November 11, 1989
"Say What's in Your Heart"
by Restless Heart
|This 1989 country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|