Ace of Aces (video game)
|Ace of Aces|
|Developer(s)||Artech Digital Entertainment|
|Publisher(s)||Accolade, U.S. Gold|
|Genre(s)||Combat flight simulator|
Ace of Aces is a combat flight simulator developed by Artech Digital Entertainment in 1986. The game takes place during World War II and the player flies a RAF Mosquito long range fighter-bomber equipped with rockets, bombs and a cannon. Missions include destroying German fighter planes, bombers, V-1 flying bombs, U-boats, and trains.
Ace of Aces was Accolade's second best-selling Commodore game as of late 1987. Compute! praised the graphics and sound of the Commodore 64 version of Ace of Aces. A.N.A.L.O.G. preferred it to Infiltrator as an Atari 8-bit flight simulator. 1991 and 1993 Computer Gaming World surveys of strategy and war games gave it one and a half stars out of five, calling it "somewhat ahistorical".
- Ferrell, Keith (December 1987). "The Commodore Games That Live On And On". Compute's Gazette. pp. 18–22. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- Bateman, Selby (October 1986). "A Great Year For Games". Compute!. p. 18. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Panak, Steve (September 1988). "Panak Strikes". ANALOG Computing. p. 83. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- Brooks, M. Evan (November 1991). "Computer Strategy and Wargames: The 1900-1950 Epoch / Part I (A-L) of an Annotated Paiktography". Computer Gaming World. p. 138. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- Brooks, M. Evan (September 1993). "Brooks' Book of Wargames: 1900-1950, A-P". Computer Gaming World. p. 118. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
|This flight simulation video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|