Aceair AERIKS 200
|An Aeriks A-200 at Grenchen, Switzerland|
|First flight||29 May 2002|
The Aceair AERIKS 200 is a Swiss sports plane of highly unusual design. It is being marketed in kitplane form. The AERIKS 200 has a highly streamlined, bullet-shaped fuselage, with a T-tail and large ventral fin, pusher propeller, and canard. The pilot and passenger are seated in tandem. Development aircraft used a fixed undercarriage, but Aceair was planning to offer a version with retractable landing gear.
Aceair ceased operation in 2004, and with it the Aeriks 200 project was cancelled. This was principally due to Diamond Engines cancelling the manufacture of the rotary engine the 200 was based around. Some assets of the company were purchased by a pair of entrepreneurs, and so the Aeriks 200 may eventually see commercial launch someday.
Specifications (Aeriks A-200)
Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2003–2004
- Crew: one, pilot
- Capacity: 1 passenger
- Length: 6.50 m (21 ft 4 in)
- Wingspan: 8.00 m (26 ft 3 in)
- Height: 2.46 m (8 ft 0¾ in)
- Wing area: 6.20 m² (66.7 ft²)
- Aspect ratio: 11.4:1
- Empty weight: 400 kg (882 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 650 kg (1,433 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Diamond Engines GIAE-110R twin rotor Wankel engine, 78 kW (105 hp)
- Never exceed speed: 370 km/h (200 knots, 230 mph)
- Maximum speed: 287 km/h (151 knots, 179 mph) at sea level
- Cruise speed: 259 km/h (140 knots, 161 mph) at 3,660 m (12,000 ft)
- Stall speed: 108 km/h (58 knots, 67 mph) (flaps down, flown as two-seater)
- Range: 1,275 km (688 nmi, 792 mi)
- Endurance: 5 hr
- Service ceiling: 3,660 m (12,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 7.1 m/s (1,398 ft/min)
- Jackson 2003, pp. 452–453.
- Jackson, Paul. Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2003–2004. Coulsdon, UK:Jane's Information Group, 2003. ISBN 0-7106-2537-5.
FS2004 WoW-Aeriks GA Swiss Aircraft Name: waaeriks.zip Size: 4,531,007 Date: 02-28-2007 Downloads: 3,889 FS2004 WoW-Aeriks GA Swiss Aircraft, tri-surface. Aeriks by Aeris (CH) model made by WoWAir Design and artwork by WoWAir. A totally animated Gmax model including flex wings, ailerons, elevators, rudders, spoilers (not real), trim tab, landing gear, steering wheel, 3D propeller, smoke access canopy, pilots.