Acetrax is a video on demand company which was founded in the UK and Switzerland and incorporated as a Swiss company in Zürich in 2006 and which was bought by Sky. The company provides over-the-top (OTT) content in Europe, for connected TVs. They claim to have their contents on TVs in 282 million households, in 48 countries. It is understood that Sky's acquisition of Acetrax in May 2012 will provide the Sky customers who do not currently subscribe to pay TV - with films and music. The move seen as part of the satellite broadcaster's move into the internet TV market.
The gross assets of Acetrax stood at £2.3 million as of December 31, 2011, according to Sky.
Acetrax will cease operation as of June 21, 2013.
- Cisco Systems
- Enhanced TV
- Hybrid digital TV
- Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV
- Interactive television
- Hotel television systems
- List of digital distribution platforms for mobile devices
- Over-the-top content
- IPTV News, Informa Telecoms and Media, retrieved June 3, 2012
- "Sky acquires Acetrax as it prepares for NOW TV launch", Digital Spy, Digital Spy, retrieved June 3, 2012
- "Focused on Europe", About us, Acetrax, retrieved June 3, 2012
- "Sky acquires Acetrax on-demand streaming service", Cable, Cable (Existent Ltd), retrieved November 30, 2010
- Acetrax announce end of operations, retrieved May 21, 2013
|This article about a film production company or film distributor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|