Video CD Cover
|Directed by||Lal Jose|
|Produced by||Reji Kuthazhath|
|Written by||Babu Janardhanan|
|Music by||Alex Paul|
|Edited by||Ranjan Abraham|
|Distributed by||Shirdhisayi Films|
|28 January 2006|
Achanuragantha Veedu (English: The House Where the Father Doesn't Sleep) is a 2006 Malayalam film directed by Lal Jose and written by Babu Janardhanan. The story came to Janardhanan's mind after he watched the Suryanelli rape case proceedings.
It tells the tale of Samuel, a student who falls in love with a Catholic Christian girl named Lillikutty in the 1970s, Shortly after their marriage they convert to Pentecostalism. However, his wife dies at an early stage of their married life, and he must face hardships of raising three daughters alone. The main plot revolves around the mystery of his youngest daughter's disappearance, the crushing truths he faces when he finds out what really happened to her, and the impact on his other daughters as well as his mental stability. The film is unique because of the portrayal of the Pentecostal denomination quite extensively for first time on Malayalam cinema silver screen. Critics described the film as Salim Kumar's "graduation from a comedian to a mature character."
A sequel titled Lisammayude Veedu was later produced. It was written and directed by Babu Janardhanan, and released in January 2013.
- Saleem Kumar as Samuel
- Usha as Lillykutty (cameo)
- Muktha as Lisamma, Samuel's youngest daughter
- Samvrutha Sunil as Second Samuel's daughter
- Suja Karthika as Samuel's Elder daughter
- Prithviraj Sukumaran as Harikrishanan
- Indrajith Sukumaran
- Madhu Warrier
- Manikandan Pattambi
- Harisree Ashokan
- Baby Nayanthara
- Manka Mahesh
- Ambika Mohan as Harikrishnan's mother
- Bindu Ramakrishnan as School principal
- Cherthala Lalitha
- Vijay George (2006-03-10). "Handling a sensitive issue". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "Movie Preview: Achanuragantha Veedu". Music India Online. 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-03-22. Retrieved 2007-02-05.
- Rammohan, Manoj (2006-02-05). "Achanurangatha Veedu". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 2007-02-05.[dead link]
- George, Vijay (2006-01-06). "Reflection of society: Achanurangatha Veedu takes a hard look at some of the ills that are plaguing society..". The Hindu. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- Achanurangatha Veedu on Internet Movie Database
- Achanurangaatha Veedu at the Malayalam Movie Database
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|