Acharya Prafulla Chandra College
|Principal||Dr. Saktibrata Bhowmik|
|Location||New Barrackpore, 24 Parganas(N), West Bengal, India|
|Colors||Cornflower blue and white|
|Affiliations||West Bengal State University, previously University of Calcutta|
Acharya Prafulla Chandra College, established in 1960, is a co-educational degree college located in West Bengal, India. Until 2007 the college was affiliated with the University of Calcutta. Currently, it is affiliated with the newly established West Bengal State University. Initially named "New Barrackpore College" the college is awarded grade "A" by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The college has the following departments, offering Honours degrees:
- Computer Science
- Food and Nutrition
- Human Development
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Political Science
General Courses Offered
- Molecular Biology
- Physical Education
Major subjects in three year courses:
- Communicative English
- Advertising, Sales Promotion and Sales Management (ASPV)
- Industrial Fish and Fisheries
Professional Course ( Self Financing )
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA (H)]
Post Graduate Courses
- Computer Science
- Electronic Science
Department of Microbiology
The undergraduate programme was initiated in 1997 when the college was still affiliated with University of Calcutta. The Post Graduate course with academic autonomy was started in 2004 with its current capacity of 31 seats per academic calendar.
- "Educational Institutes, Colleges and Universities in India" (http). Education for India. Retrieved 2008-05-22.
- "Affiliated College of West Bengal State University". wbsubcollegeinfo.org. Retrieved 30 December 2012
- "Colleges left without parent - from The Telegraph". Calcutta, India. 12 May 2008.
- "APC college homepage". apccollege.ac.in. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "NAAC Accreditation Status". naac.gov.in. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "About the Department". apccollege.ac.in. Retrieved 14 January 2017.