|Elevation||167 m (548 ft)|
|Languages Brij Bhasha|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Achhnera is located at  It has an average elevation of 167 metres (547 feet). It is famous for its cultural values; people of different religions live here. There are many temples which have historic values. Achhnera comes under Tehsil Kiraoli. It is reachable through Agra Jaipur Highway. The city is connected by rail to Agra, Jaipur, Kanpur and Mathura..
The temperature in Achhnera is typical of northern India, with cold nights in winter and heat waves in summer. In winter the temperature drops to 1–2 °C and in summer it rises to 45–47 °C. Rain is always good. Monkeys roam freely within the city.
As of 2011[update] India census, Achhnera had a population of 30,045. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Achhnera has an average literacy rate of 56%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; with 63% of the males and 37% of females literate. About 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Achenra has all types of school including Hindi Medium and English Medium. Nowadays people are more focused on higher education and the families are coming out from the old conventional though process and students are going out for higher educations and achieving high position in industry. There are lot IAs, PCs, doctors, engineers, scientists, CA, account professionals and architects born and brought up in Achhnera and who have settled in different places around the globe and enlighten the name of Achhnera.
There is one Senior Secondary School and multiple schools for elementary educations in Achnera.
Here is a list of school and colleges who are excelling the carrier and education system in Achnera:
- Shri Shiv Prasad Rashtriya Inter College
- Shri Harprasad Inter College
- Green Land Convent School
- Shanti Devi Inter College
- Nekaram Junior Highschool
- Government Girls Junior High School
- North Central Railway School
- Prathamik Vidyalaya Achnera I, II & III & Gulab Nagar
- Gayatri Devi Public School
- Shri Harprasad Saraswati Shishu Mandir
- Satyashram Saraswati Shishu Mandir
- Shri Jagan Vihar Public School
- Shri Bhagwati Shishu Shiksha Sadan
- Nekram Junior High School
- Shri Sunder Lal Vidhya Mandir, Rampasshi chock
- Indra montessory junior high school, near police station, station road
- Kasturaba Gandhi Residential Government School
There is also a coaching institute named eclat99 in the town for preparation of competitive exams.
There are few opportunities of employment in Achnera. People travel to nearby cities like Agra, Mathura, Bharatpur for employment. Achnera is surrounded by villages and the economy mainly depends on agriculture. The agricultural production depends on the weather, rains on proper time.
Festivals and carnivals
The following festivals and carnivals take place in Achnera:
- Every year Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Jayanti Shobhayatra 15 April celebrated by Jaatvaan Badi Basti and everyone in Achnera.
- Agarsen Jayanti: August–September every year.
- Janmasthmi: August, per Bhartiya calendar on Bhadrapad Krishanpatksh Asthmi every year, celebrated by decorations in all temples and Prasad. Being near to Mathura the influence of Brij Culture is evident.
- Holi every year: this festival is truly full of colour and every one is full masti and have fun on that. Every one greets and meets and applies colour on face, and then dances.
- PhoolDolni Ekadashi every year.
- Diwali every year.
- Dashahara every year.
- "Ganesh Visharjan" and "Mata ji ka Jagrata" are celebrated every year.
- Guru Purnima Mahotsav in Gaytri Shakthipeeth at Biara village near Achnera are celebrated every year.
Places of attraction
- Gayatri Shakti Peeth in Biara Village 5 km from Achhnera
- Shri Gori Shankar Mhadev mandir, Shri Navgrah mandir
- Bhgatji ki bagichi, Farah Road, near Railway station Achnera, made by the Bhgat Ji family about 1800
- Bankhandi Mahadev Mandir is also an ancient temple in Achnera
- Ramali Seth "Radha Krishan Temple", ancient temple with beautiful architecture and carving
- Shri Dwakra Deesh Temple: temple of Lord Krishna
- Shree Gopeshwar Mahadev Temple: in the main Market
- Old Jain Temple: in the Main Market
- New Jain Temple: in Jagan Vihar Colony
Nearby places of attraction
- Fatehpur Sikri, approx 17 km by road
- TajMahal, 32 km by road
- RedFort, 32 km by road
- Bird Sanctuary, Bharatpur, Rajasthan, 30 km by road
- Mathura, 35 km by road
- Goverdhan, 55 km by road
- Agra, 28 km by road
- Delhi, 195 km by road