|Genres||Alternative rock, emo, alternative metal|
|Associated acts||Siam Shade, Needless Lyrics, E.mu|
In the beginning, Hideki had a huge influence on Acid and they played a mix of alternative metal and emo with emphasis placed on his and Junpei's twin vocals. After he left the band in 2005, their songs became less focused on vocals and turned a bit more pop-ish, but still kept their "heavy" sound due to having three guitarists.
Acid formed in August 2003 through auditions held by Hideki. Their live setlist was made up of both of Hideki's solo albums at the beginning and, after one year of excessive touring through Japan, the group went into the studio at the end of 2004 to record their first album. Acid 1.5: Punk Drunker was released in March 2005.
With the end of Siam Shade, Hideki didn't want people to always compare his new band with the old one when he was singing. That's why he drew back to the position behind the keyboard at first and later on left Acid completely in June 2005 so that the band were able to go their own way. Furthermore, he says that this group is his pride and that he'd like to see them in Tokyo Dome one day.
However, after losing a few more members (Kim left in 2006 to join the mandatory military services back in Korea, Junpei left in 2008 due to health problems, along with Masamitsu who left for unknown reasons), the three remaining members decided to disband and create a new band. Mizuki Sakagami, who used to play with Daisuke in E.mu, joined them in 2009 as vocalist and they adopted Needless Lyrics as their new name.
- Daisuke – lead guitars, lead vocals (2009-unknown)
- Yuta – bass guitars (2003-unknown)
- Seiichiro – drums, percussion (2003-unknown)
- Masamitsu – guitars (2003-2008)
- Junpei – screamer, lead vocals (2003-2008)
- Kim - guitars (2003-2006)
- Hideki - keyboards, piano, vocals (2003-2005)
- 2005-03-16 - Acid 1.5: Punk Drunker
- 2005-12-26 - Acid 1.7: Spiritual Circus
- 2006-04-02 - Acid 2.0: Spiritual Circus Complete
- 2007-06-06 - Pray for the Future
- 2007-02-28 - "0:00 AM/Hanafubuki" - opening/ending theme to the anime Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchō: Tō
- 2008-01-30 - "Sekai ga Owaru Made wa.../Fake"
- 2004-12-25 - "Acid 1 ~ Punk Drunker" - only sold at live shows)
- "Place of Love"
- "Renewal My Soul"
- "Precious Day"
- "We Are What We Are"
- Mori, Curi, & Sarah (July 27, 2009). "Acid JaME Profile". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- Official website (expired)
|This article about a Japanese band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|