Acid Test (band)
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Years active||1990–1994, 2018|
Acid Test is a Canadian experimental band from Toronto, Ontario. in 1990. The band consists of vocalist and bassist Lucy Di Santo, guitarist Steve Fall, keyboardist Atom Percy, and drummer Tim van de Ven.
Acid Test first formed in Toronto in 1990. The group independently released a cassette in 1991 and put out an album, Trip on This on Eggplant Records in 1992. After Fall was asked to play a role in the 1992 movie Highway 61, directed by Bruce McDonald, the group composed two tracks on the movie's soundtrack ("Mr. Skin" and "Dance"). Sire Records (Warner Music Group) signed the band in 1993, and they released the album Drop that year and performed in the US. In addition to regular band members, Drop also featured Geoff Bennett (percussion) and Jeff Dalziel (programming).
As well as Highway 61, Acid Test also contributed to the soundtracks for Martin Scorsese's Naked In New York and the documentary, Talk 16.
Acid Test went on a hiatus in 1994; Harland died in May 2012. The band later reformed and began work on a third studio recording with at Atom Percy's home recording studio in British Columbia.
- Acid Test - cassette (1991)
- Trip on This (1992)
- Drop (1993)
- "Mr. Skin" remix single CD & 12" Vinyl (1993)
- "Jus Rite" EP (April 27, 2018)
- "Artist: Acid Test, Album: Trip On This, Song: Mr.Skin". Raised on Canadian Radio. 2011-10-07. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Acid Test needs more bass; Dez Monas get some". Toronto Star - Toronto, Ont. by Lenny Stoute Sep 10, 1992, Page: hE.8
- "Acid Test gasses up after spin on Highway 61 Highway 61 leads to the fast lane as young band's dreams start coming true". Toronto Star - Toronto, Ont. Peter Howell Aug 27, 1992 Page: E.1
- "Music Notes: Failing the Acid Test". Lethbridge Herald, via Newspaper Archives. September 30, 1993 - Page 35
- "Passing the Acid Test", Billboard, September 25, 1993. pages 14-15.
- Jason MacNeill (24 May 2012). "Mike Harland Dead: Member of Acid Test and 10000 Watt Head Passes Away". spinner. AOL Inc. Retrieved 9 August 2012.