This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Lawrence Quinn, Founder|
Consumer Mobility Services
Enterprise Mobility Services
Having been acquired by Comverse, Inc. on 6 August 2015, Acision is now known as Xura, Inc. (NASDAQ: MESG), a new company launched on 9 September 2015 combing both companies. Prior to this, it was a privately held mobile communications software company specialising in messaging systems that enable popular services such as text messaging or Short Message Service (SMS), Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS), voicemail, IP Messaging, Mobile Value Added Services and Enterprise Mobility Solutions.
Before Xura, Inc. Acision's roots came from two companies:
- The Wireless Data Services (WDS) division of Anglo-Dutch consultancy and telecommunications company CMG.
- The Irish mobile telecommunications pioneers Aldiscon.
In 1997, Aldiscon was acquired by UK-based Logica, which merged with CMG in 2002 to form LogicaCMG. Both company's wireless divisions merged into LogicaCMG Wireless Networks. Acision was born on February 20, 2007, when LogicaCMG Wireless Networks was sold for £265m (US $525m) to private investors Atlantic Bridge Ventures and Access Industries and became known as Acision. The lead investor at Atlantic Bridge (and now executive chairman at Acision), Laurence Quinn, was one of the founders of Aldiscon.
In September 2015, Xura, Inc. was launched. The new joint entity changed its name to Xura, Inc. to better reflect its mission to be the trusted next-generation digital technology provider to operators and enterprises across the globe, offering communication solutions for today’s multi-device, multi-service consumer. The name 'Xura' was adapted from the word 'Aura'.
- 2011 - Acision wins two Global Telecoms Business Innovation Awards
- 2010 - Informa recognises Acision as Number One in SMSC
- 2009 - Global Telecoms Business Awards 2009 (Singapore) - Acision and SPH Search awarded 'Best Consumer Innovation' award
- 2007 - Global Messaging (Monte Carlo) - Acision awarded Best Messaging Application/Service: Consumer
- 2004 - Futurecom (Florianopolis, Brazil) - LogicaCMG Wins Award In Recognition of SMS and MMS Messaging Excellence In Brazil
- 2003 - SyBase Alliance event (London) - LogicaCMG Wins Innovation Award for Britannia Airways Wireless Solution
- 1998 - Irish Software Association (Dublin) - Logica Aldiscon awarded Irish company of the year
-  LogicaCMG sells Telecom Products
-  Mighty Quinn back on top at Logica, Mobile Europe, Feb. 2007
-  Acision wins two Global Telecoms Business Innovation Awards
-  Acision recognised as Number One in SMSC
-  Nationwide mobile location-based directory search awarded 'Best Consumer Innovation' award
-  Global Messaging - Acision awarded Best Messaging Application/Service: Consumer
-  LogicaCMG Wins Award In Recognition of SMS and MMS Messaging Excellence In Brazil
-  LogicaCMG Wins Innovation Award for Britannia Airways Wireless Solution
-  Logica Aldiscon awarded Irish company of the year