Acko General Insurance
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Parent||Acko Technology and Services Private Limited|
Acko General Insurance is a private sector general insurance company in India . Founded in November 2016, the company received its license from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) in September 2017  . Acko follows an online-led model and hence all operations for the company are offered through the digital platform  .
Acko General Insurance was founded by Varun Dua, who serves as the Chief Executive Officer . As of 2018, Acko has raised $42 million in funding from investors such as Amazon, Accel Partners, SAIF Partners, Catamaran Ventures.   The retail products offered by Acko General Insurance include motor insurance , in-trip domestic insurance   and mobile insurance.
- Acko General Insurance partnered with Ola cabs and launched an in-trip insurance program in more than 110 cities in India  
- Acko General Insurance partnered with Amazon India to provide mobile insurance plans on the retailer's website 
- Thomas, Anu (6 September 2017). "Why investors gave Varun Dua $30 million even before he launched his startup". The Economic Times.
- "Non-life Insurers". www.irdai.gov.in.
- Sinha, Shilpy (21 September 2017). "Acko gets final Irda license; to start operations by December". The Economic Times.
- "Online Insurance firms like Acko, Digit aims to disrupt sector with innovative policies - ETtech". ETtech.com.
- "Acko General Insurance named top firm on LinkedIn's Top Startups List 2018". Business Standard India. 19 September 2018.
- "Board Of Directors - Acko Insurance". Acko Insurance.
- "Deal Street: Amazon Backs Digital Insurance Startup Acko". BloombergQuint.
- "Acko General Insurance to develop products for Amazon, in talks with e-commerce giant for investment". Moneycontrol.
- "Online insurer Acko General promises 3-day claim guarantee". @businessline.
- "Ola, Acko partner to create in-trip insurance program". Business Standard India. 5 April 2018.
- "Ola partners Acko to launch in-trip insurance program - ETtech". ETtech.com.
- "Ola partners with ICICI Lombard, Acko to offer in-trip insurance to riders". www.livemint.com. 5 April 2018.
- Saleem, Shaikh Zoaib (16 April 2018). "Ola cab users can now insure their rides for as low as Re1". www.livemint.com.
- "Amazon India announces special offers for the Great Indian Festival".