||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2012)|
|Headquarters||Bedford, MA, USA|
|CEO: Andy Ory
CTO: Patrick MeLampy
|Products||Session Border Controllers|
|Revenue||US$241 Million (FY 2010)|
|US$19.2 Million (FY 2009)|
|US$17.1 Million (FY 2009)|
|Total assets||US$247 Million (FY 2009)|
|Total equity||US$200 Million (FY 2009)|
Number of employees
|761 (Q3 2012)|
|Slogan||Acme Packet enables the delivery of trusted, first class interactive communications—voice, video and multimedia sessions—across IP network borders.|
Acme Packet is a company based in Bedford, Massachusetts which produces and markets session border controllers (SBCs), multiservice security gateways (MSGs) and session routing proxies (SRPs). It is a public company incorporated in Delaware. Acme Packet customers include 89 of the largest 100 service providers in the world. Acme Packet employs over 761 individuals in 31 countries. In 2011 The Boston Globe named Acme Packet one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
In 2002, ACME Packet Net-Net family of Session Aware Networking products won SUPERQuest award for most promising IP/application services technology for public networks at SUPERCOMM 2002.
Acme Packet’s Net-Net product family consists of the Net-Net OS software platform, 2600, 3000, 4000 and 9000 series systems, 4000 ATCA blade, and the EMS and SAS management tools. The Net-Net OS can be configured to provide SBC, MSG or SRP functions on any of the hardware platforms. The brand name "Net-Net" reflects the role of these products in interconnecting IP networks for voice, video and multimedia services.
Acme Packet SBCs provide control functions to deliver trusted, first-class interactive communications—voice, video and multimedia sessions—across IP network borders. They support multiple applications in service provider, large enterprise and contact center networks—from VoIP trunking to hosted enterprise and residential services to fixed-mobile convergence.
Acme Packet MSGs enables fixed-mobile substitution and convergence by securing the delivery of voice and data services over untrusted Internet and WiFi networks to femtocells and dual-mode endpoints.
Acme Packet SRPs overcome the challenges inherent in routing large numbers of SIP-based voice, video, instant messaging and multimedia sessions within and between the service provider networks.
- Acme Packet (APKT) annual SEC income statement filing via Wikinvest
- Acme Packet (APKT) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest
- "Company Profile for Acme Packet Inc (APKT)". Retrieved 2008-10-20.
- "Top places to work 2011". The Boston Globe. 2011-11-06. Retrieved 2012-12-20.
- "Acme Packet Net-Net Products Win SUPERQuest Award".
- Ghosh, Sayantani (2013-02-04). "Oracle to buy network gear maker Acme Packet for about $2 billion". Reuters. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Oracle Buys Acme Packet" (Press release). Redwood Shores, California, USA: Oracle Corporation. 2013-02-04. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Oracle to Buy Acme Packet" (Press release). Bedford, Massachusetts, USA: Acme Packet. 2013-02-04. Retrieved 2013-02-04.