|Leigh Jasper, CEO and co-founder
Robert Phillpot, SVP and co-founder
|Products||Aconex Platform, Aconex Connected BIM, Aconex Field, Aconex Handover|
Aconex Limited (ASX: ACX) is a listed public Australian company providing mobile and web-based collaboration technologies for project information and process management (also sometimes described as project management or project extranet systems), on a software as a service (SaaS) basis, to clients in the construction, infrastructure, power, mining, and oil and gas sectors. With more than 50,000 user organizations globally, Aconex provides the most widely used cloud-based, multi-company project collaboration solutions for construction and engineering.
Aconex was founded in 2000 by Leigh Jasper and Robert Phillpot to offer construction collaboration and procurement management services (its name is a concatenation of Australian Construction Exchange). However, due to low market interest in web-based procurement, it focused on expanding its online collaboration services, growing domestic revenue rapidly during the first half of the 2000s.
By late 2004, Aconex had established a presence in the UK market, and was expanding into other regions including southeast Asia and the Middle East. Its overseas activity helped it win the 'Emerging Exporter' award in the 2006 Australian Export Awards.
By 2014, Aconex had served construction and engineering projects with an aggregate value of more than A$800 billion, across all major geographic markets, from more than 40 offices worldwide.
The company completed its initial public offering (IPO) of ordinary shares on December 9, 2014 and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the ticker code ACX.
In March 2016, Aconex acquired the Germany-based Conject group for A$96m.
Products / services
Aconex services include:
- Construction project information and process management (managing processes, documents, drawings, building information models, communications, workflows, audit trails, and other project information online - both mobile and web access)
- Construction field management (managing field inspections and issues from mobile devices)
- O&M manuals (developing digital operation and maintenance manuals for post-construction handover to asset owner and dynamic management of asset information)
- BIM data and process management (accessing and managing BIM models at the object level for project management)
- Interface management (identifying and resolving interface issues on oil and gas projects)
In 2011, the company launched an online bidding network, branded BidContender. In 2011 and 2012, the company launched Aconex Mobile - mobile applications (iPhone and iPad) for access to the Aconex online collaboration platform. In 2012, the company launched Aconex Field - a mobile field inspection and issues management solution for the iPhone and iPad, and an Android version followed in 2013. Also in 2013, the company launched Aconex Smart Manuals - a collaboration solution for the post-construction handover of digital operation and maintenance (O&M) manuals. In 2014, the company launched Aconex Connected BIM - an extension of the Aconex platform for BIM project collaboration - and Aconex Handover - a suite of post-construction handover solutions that includes Smart Manuals and Dynamic Manuals, a mobile solution for asset information management.
- "How can we help?". Aconex. Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- Wilkinson, P. (2005) Construction Collaboration Technologies: The Extranet Evolution Taylor & Francis, London.
- 2006 Australian Export Awards National Winners http://www.exportawards.gov.au/Australian-Export-Awards-Winners-2006/default.aspx
- "Aconex lands private equity deal", The Age, 22 September 2008, http://www.theage.com.au/business/aconex-lands-private-equity-deal-20080921-4l2d.html
- "Aconex gears for expansion after $107.5 million injection", Andrew Colley, Australian IT, 22 September 2008, http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it-old/aconex-secures-1075-million-injection/story-e6frgamo-1111117553725
- Construction IT (Finally) Completes the 'Tower of Babel': Interview with Aconex CEO Leigh Jasper,http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-grundvig/construction-it-finally-c_b_2852548.html/
- Australian Securities Exchange website http://www.asx.com.au
- Yueyang, Maggie Lu (18 March 2016). "Aconex snaps up Conject for $96m". The Australian. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- Online collaboration for project information management with Aconex http://www.aconex.com/solutions
- A look at BidConTender, http://extranetevolution.com/2011/05/a-look-at-bidcontender/
- The Future of Construction Technology,http://www.constructech.com/news/articles/article.aspx?article_id=9407/
- Aconex Touts Integration with New Field App, https://enr.construction.com/technology/information_technology/2012/1008-aconex-field-app-touts-integration.asp/
- New Product Aims to Ease Operations and Maintenance Handover for Capital Projects, http://www.cadalyst.com/cad/building-design/new-product-suite-aims-ease-operations-and-maintenance-handover-capital-projects/
- Project Management System Aims to Share and Enrich Building Information Models With Facility Data,http://enr.construction.com/technology/information_technology/2014/1103-project-management-system-aims-to-share-and-enrich-building-inforation-models-with-facility-data.asp/
- Aconex Launches Dynamic Manuals for Mobile Handover,http://www.businessaccelerate-software.com/aconex-launches-dynamic-manuals-for-mobile-handover/