Acorán Barrera Reyes
|Full name||Acorán Barrera Reyes|
|Date of birth||31 January 1983|
|Place of birth||Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2002–2003||→ Burgos (loan)||27||(0)|
|2003–2004||→ Corralejo (loan)||29||(6)|
|2004–2005||→ Universidad LP (loan)||34||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 February 2017.
Acorán Barrera Reyes (Spanish pronunciation: [ako'ɾan ba'reɾa 'reʝes]; born 31 January 1983), known simply as Acorán, is a Spanish footballer who plays for Cypriot club AEK Larnaca F.C. as an attacking midfielder.
Born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Acorán made his professional debuts with hometown's CD Tenerife, first appearing in La Liga on 9 September 2001 in a 0–3 away loss against Celta de Vigo (eight minutes played). After the team's relegation, he resumed his career in the third and fourth divisions, three of those seasons still as a Tenerife player.
In the last days of the 2011 January transfer window, Acorán signed for SD Ponferradina in the second level, from CD Puertollano. He started in 19 of his 20 appearances during the campaign, but could not help prevent the Castile and León club's relegation.
On 20 December 2011, Acorán scored against Real Madrid for the Copa del Rey, albeit in a 1–5 loss at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium (1–7 on aggregate). After winning promotion to division two in 2012, he never played in less than 36 league games in the following four seasons, always in that tier.
- Los goles adornan a un Celta en obras (Goals embellish Celta under construction); El Mundo, 10 September 2001 (Spanish)
- Acorán vuelve a ser Acorán (Acorán is Acorán again); La Opinión de Tenerife, 11 October 2007 (Spanish)
- El 'chacal' del área, Acorán Barrera, llega hoy para firmar con la U. D. Melilla (The 'jackal' of the box, Acorán Barrera, arrives today to sign for U. D. Melilla); Diario Sur, 19 January 2008 (Spanish)
- Tam Nsaliwa viaja con la 'Ponfe' y llega Acorán Barrera (Tam Nsaliwa travels with 'Ponfe' and Acorán Barrera arrives); LeoNoticias, 28 January 2011 (Spanish)
- El Madrid ficha hacia octavos (Madrid signs last-16); Marca, 20 December 2011 (Spanish)
- Acorán pone la imaginación de la sorprendente Ponferradina (Acorán is the imagination of surprising Ponferradina); Marca, 24 September 2013 (Spanish)
- Acorán renueva por tres años con la Ponferradina: “Me siento en casa” (Acorán renews with Ponferradina for three years: “I feel at home”); Info Bierzo, 10 June 2015 (Spanish)