This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Created by||Alberto Gómez|
|Creative director(s)||Raúl de la Nuez|
|Theme music composer||Ángel Arce|
|Opening theme||"Acorralada" by Ángel Arce|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||187|
|Production location(s)||Miami, Florida|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|First shown in||United States|
|Original release||January 15 –|
October 5, 2007
Acorralada (Trapped) is an American telenovela produced by Venevisión. Univision aired Acorralada from January 2007 to October 2007 on weekday afternoons at 2 pm central. It was rebroadcast in late 2011 through April 2012 on Univision's sister network, Telefutura. It was filmed in Miami, Florida (USA), and lasted about 187 episodes. It is the second long-running telenovela that Venevisión Productions has produced without its former co-producer Fonovideo. Acorralada is the theme and another notable song "Eres Tu" written by Angel Arce and Jossel Calveiro.
It began airing in Venezuela on December 10, 2008 in the 11 pm timeslot on Venevisión and finished on July 25, 2009 with seven months of airing and being the most successful telenovela for its timeslot since La Fea Más Bella.
Venevision International released Acorralada on DVD in the United States on December 2, 2008, a week before its debut on Venezuelan television. The DVD set consists of three discs, and has a running time of 596 minutes. The show is heavily edited in order to fit into three discs. Neither Venevision nor Univision have plans to offer a more complete version.
The show has been broadcast in more than 50 countries.
Fedora Garcés (Sonya Smith) is a woman who had everything, a husband she loved, two small daughters and a perfume factory with which she and her family had a comfortable life. An ambitious and ruthless woman named Octavia Alarcón (Frances Ondiviela), out of sheer envy, snatched away everything she had.
Octavia's husband murdered the of husband Fedora and got Fedora to appear as the culprit of that murder. Octavia snatched her perfume factory, her fortune and snatched her daughters leaving Fedora locked in prison for that murder she did not commit.
The daughters of Fedora were given to an older woman who raised them by making them believe that they were her granddaughters by naming them Diana and Gaby. Octavia and her family, the Irazabal, became a rich and powerful family thanks to what Octavia stole from Fedora.
Years later Fedora is released by a pardon and begins to work like singer under the nickname of "La Gaviota", but with the idea to recover what they snatched away from her and get revenge on the Irazabal family.
Meanwhile, the daughters of Fedora, Diana (Alejandra Lazcano) and Gaby (Mariana Torres), who have grown up humbly with their adoptive grandmother, come to work at Octavia's house. Gaby as a servant and Diana as Octavia's mother-in-law's nurse. Their paths cross with the two sons of Octavia, Maximiliano (David Zepeda and Larry Irazabal (William Levy.
Gaby falls in love with Larry and Diana of Maximilian, two loves that, although they are reciprocated, are impossible by the obstacles that begun by Octavia and are owed to Gaviota.
- Alejandra Lazcano as Diana Soriano
- David Zepeda as Maximiliano "Max" Irázabal / Alejandro Salvatierra
- Maritza Rodríguez as Débora Mondragón / Marfil Mondragón; Villains (Débora - Killed by police); (Marfil - Killed by Pedro)
- Jorge Luis Pila as Diego Suárez; Villain (Die eaten by a shark)
- Mariana Torres as Gabriela "Gaby" Soriano
- Roberto Mateos as Francisco "Paco" Vásquez
- Sonya Smith as Fedora Garcés Soriano / La Gaviota
- Frances Ondiviela as Octavia Alarcón de Irázabal; Main Villain (Die struck by a train)
- Ofelia Cano as Yolanda Alarcón
- Alicia Plaza as Bruna Pérez; Villain (Killed by Octavia and Marfil)
- Griselda Nogueras as Lala Suárez
- Virna Flores as Camila Linares; Villain (Ends in jail)
- Maritza Bustamante as Caramelo Vásquez
- Elizabeth Gutiérrez as Paola Irazábal (Dies in a car accident while running away from Octavia)
- Grettel Trujillo as Isabel Dávila; Villain (Ends in jail)
- William Levy as Larry Irázabal
- Mariana Huerdo as Silvita Delgado; Comic Villain (Latter good)
- Diana Osorio as Pilar Álamo; Villain (Becomes good and leaves the country)
- Valentina Bove as Sharon; Villain (It ends crazy in the asylum)
- Orlando Fundichely as Dr. Ignacio Montiel; Villain (Ends in jail)
- Paulo César Quevedo as René Romero
- Yul Bürkle as Andrés Dávila; Villain (Killed by Gaby)
- Julián Gil as Francisco "Pancholón" Suárez; Villain (leaves the country)
- Juan Vidal as Enrique "Kike" Díaz; Villain (Killed by the Police)
- Liannet Borrego as Nancy
- Nelida Ponce as Miguelina Soriano
- Sandra Garcia as Samantha; Villain (Killed by Diego and Ignacio in the madhouse fire)
- Miguel Gutiérrez as Lic. Reynoso (Killed by Octavia)
- Lucero Lazo as Doña Santa de Alarcón
Special guest stars
- Héctor Soberón as Horacio Irázabal; Villain (Killed by Octavia)
- Thauro as Pablo
- Claudia Reyes as Fiona; Villain (Killed by Diego and Marfil)
- Corina Azopardo as Judge Villagrande
- Sebastián Ligarde as Licenciado Borges
- Khotan as Gerardo
- Andrés García Jr. as Álvaro Ferrer
- ""Acorralada" reconquista a los mexicanos". Todotnv.com. June 5, 2012. Retrieved July 23, 2017.