Acoustic (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band album)
|Studio album by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band|
|Genre||Country/Country rock/Folk rock/Bluegrass|
|Producer||Nitty Gritty Dirt Band|
|Nitty Gritty Dirt Band chronology|
Acoustic is the 1994 album from The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
The song "Sara In The Summer" was originally released as "Sara" on Ibbotson's first solo album Nitty Gritty Ibbotson in 1977. The Wild Jimbos also included it on the debut album Wild Jimbos in 1991.
The Allmusic review by Jim Newsom awarded the album 4 stars stating "A couple of years after the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's string of country hits ended, the band returned to its roots to record this appropriately titled collection of original material. Most of the songs are very good, and the sound is refreshingly unadorned with any concessions to the soundalike country mainstream. Because the NGDB was among the many fine artists swept aside by the faceless hat acts and young country babes birthed by the Garth era, Acoustic never found a sizable audience. However, this blend of acoustic guitars, mandolin, dobro, harmonica, accordion, washboard, and beautiful vocal harmonies delivers a bevy of country/folk delights. ".
- "How Long?" (Jimmy Ibbotson) – 2:54
- "Cupid's Got A Gun" (Jimmy Fadden, LeRoy Preston) – 3:41
- "Sarah In The Summer" (Ibbotson) – 3:18
- "Let It Roll" (Jeff Hanna, Bob Carpenter, Tom Kell) – 4:05
- "Hello, I Am Your Heart" (Dennis Linde) – 3:05
- "Love Will Find A Way" (Carpenter, Kell) – 2:42
- "Tryin' Times" (Fadden, Alex Harvey) – 3:34
- "This Train Keeps Rolling Along" (Jim Photoglo, Vince Melamed, Ibbotson) – 4:28
- "Badlands" (Carpenter, Hanna, Fadden, Richard Hathaway) – 3:31
- "One Sure Honest Moment" (Ibbotson) – 2:56
- "Bless the Broken Road" (Hanna, Marcus Hummon, Bobby Boyd) – 3:50
- Jeff Hanna – guitars, vocals
- Jimmie Fadden – drums, harmonica, vocals
- Jimmy Ibbotson – bass, guitar, mandolin, vocals
- Bob Carpenter – keyboards, accordion, bass, vocals
All information is from the album liner notes unless otherwise noted.
- Nitty Gritty Ibbotson, Jimmy Ibbotson, First American Records FA7718 (1977) LP
- Wild Jimbos, Wild Jimbos, MCA Records MCAD -10279 (1991) CD
- Newsom, J. Allmusic Review accessed February 18, 2011
- Acoustic, NItty Gritty Dirt Band, Liberty 28169 (1994) CD