Acoustic Ladyland at Taylor Johns House, Coventry
|Associated acts||F-IRE Collective
|Past members||Tom Herbert
Acoustic Ladyland are a London-based jazz/punk band consisting of Pete Wareham on vocals, tenor and baritone saxophones, Seb Rochford on drums, Chris Sharkey on guitar, and Ruth Goller on bass guitar.
Tom Herbert of The Invisible played bass on their first three albums. They are part of the F-IRE Collective. Some of the members are now part of electronic jazz group Melt Yourself Down, whose debut album came out in 2013.
Acoustic Ladyland formed in 2001 and released their first album Camouflage, an acoustic album inspired by Jimi Hendrix songs, in 2004. Their second album, Last Chance Disco, an electric set of self-penned compositions, was released in 2005, and was the Jazzwise album of the year.
On 13 September 2010 Pete Wareham announced that the band "as we know it will be no more" after a series of farewell gigs in December 2010. The band were chosen by Portishead to perform their last ever show at the ATP I'll Be Your Mirror festival that they curated in July 2011 at London's Alexandra Palace. Before beginning their performance, Wareham announced that after the farewell gig the band would be known as Silver Birch.
- "Camouflage". Babel. 2004. BDV2449.
- "Last Chance Disco". Babel. 2005. BDV2555.
- "Skinny Grin". V2. 2006. VVR1043688.
- "Living With A Tiger". Strong & Wrong. 2009. SAW0001.
- Sinclair, David (2005-11-15). "Acoustic Ladyland". London: The Times. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "Albums of the year 2005". Jazzwise. 2005-11-29. Archived from the original on 2008-01-03. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "Fifth annual BBC Radio Jazz Awards – the winners" (Press release). BBC. 2005-07-04. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Walters, John L (2006-12-01). "Acoustic Ladyland, Skinny Grin". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "Jazz breaking news: Acoustic Ladyland Go Out With A Bang At The Vortex" (Press release). jazzwisemagazine.com. 2010-09-13. Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-17.
- ATP: I'll Be Your Mirror London
- acousticladyland.com - The official Acoustic Ladyland site.
- myspace.com/acousticladylandmusic - The official Acoustic Ladyland Myspace page.
- Babel Label - Record label for first releases.
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|