This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||North Carolina, United States|
|Labels||Sugar Hill Records|
Acoustic Syndicate is a rock/folk/bluegrass band from North Carolina formed in 1992. They have toured nationally in the US, including appearances at Farm Aid and the Bonnaroo festival. Their sound is characterized by three-part vocal harmony and complex polyrhythmic banjo playing. Lyrically, the group often discusses themes relating to subsistence, sustainability and quality of life.
The McMurry family comes from a small family farm in Cleveland County, North Carolina, near Shelby, North Carolina. They have been farming the same region that their ancestors settled over 200 years ago.
Acoustic Syndicate also has roots in Asheville, NC, where both Jay Sanders and Billy Cardine are active members of the local music scene.
- Bryon McMurry: Vocals, Banjo, Guitar
- Fitz McMurry: Vocals, Drums, Percussion
- Steve McMurry: Vocals, Guitar, Mandolin
- Jay Sanders: Bass, N/S Stick
- Billy Cardine: Dobro & Electric Resophonic Guitar
- Jeremy Saunders: Vocals, Saxophone
- John Burns: Percussion
- Doug Rodgers: Bass
- Roger Padgett: Guitar
- Gaines Post: Flute
- Acoustic Syndicate (Self-released, 1996)
- Tributaries (Self-released, 1999)
- Crazy Little Life (Little King Records, 2000)
- Live From The Neighborhood (Little King Records, 2003)
- Terra Firma (Sugar Hill Records, 2003)
- Long Way Round (Sugar Hill Records, 2004)
- Rooftop Garden (Little King Records, 2013)
- Acoustic Syndicate at Allmusic.com