Acres of Lions
|Acres of Lions|
|Origin||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada|
Cordova Bay Records |
bullion Records (Japan)
Fierce Panda Records (UK)
Alcopop! Records (UK)
|Associated acts||Against Me!, Moneyshot, Theset|
The band's debut album, Working was released February 10, 2009 and is distributed in Canada by Fontana North. It was later released in Japan by Bullion Records (January 2012). The recording supplied three radio singles: Closer, Let's Get Sentimental and Dance Sequence. Working was recorded in Victoria by Adam Sutherland and mixed by Warne Livesey.
On September 13, 2011, Acres of Lions released its second full-length album, Collections, also on Cordova Bay Records. The album was recorded in Victoria by Adam Sutherland and the first single Reaction was mixed by legendary engineer Mike Fraser. Reaction reached #19 on the Canadian Alternative Rock Chart and later went on to take 3rd place in the Pop/Top 40 Category of the 2012 International Songwriting Competition. Collections has also been released in Japan by Bullion Records (March 2012) and was released in Europe and the United Kingdom on November 26, 2012 as a joint release by famed UK Indie label Fierce Panda Records and Alcopop! Records.
Acres of Lions recorded their third album, Home(s) in Toronto at Rattlebox North Studios with producer/engineer Brian Moncarz (Moneen, Circa Survive, The Reason). Home(s) was released in Canada (Cordova Bay Records on April 2, 2013 and in Japan (Bullion Records) on April 10, 2013. The first single from the album on Canadian radio was Bright Lights.
Music from Acres of Lions has been played on major Canadian music stations, university radio, SiriusXM Radio (The Verge), The Peak 100.5, and CBC Radio 3, and has been featured in TV shows Degrassi and Majority Rules!.
Acres of Lions has performed at numerous music festivals including Canadian Music Week, JunoFest, Edgefest, Halifax Pop Explosion, Rifflandia Music Festival, BreakOut West, Rock The Shores, New Music West, and Bristol's Fear of Fiction Festival. They have toured across Canada numerous times, including a cross-Canada tour with Ten Second Epic in 2011. In April 2012 Acres of Lions traveled to London, England to perform several showcases, and then returned to England in November 2012 to tour in support of the release of Collections. In support of their 2013 release, Home(s), the band toured across Canada, including a run of shows with The Town Heroes, Kingsfoil (Featuring Frankie Muniz), and Thunderhawks.
Awards and accolades
Acres of Lions was selected as one of the Top 20 artists in BC in the 2010 and 2011 Peak Performance Project, where they placed 5th in 2011.
- Current members
- Jeffrey Kalesnikoff – guitar and vocals
- Tyson Yerex – guitar, keyboard, vocals
- Dan Ball – bass
- Shane Deyotte – drums
- Former members
- Cody Beer – drums
- Lewis Carter – drums
|2010||Never Surrender (Corey Hart cover)|
Acres of Lions guitarist Tyson Yerex is a former member of Victoria band Moneyshot. Jeffrey Kalesnikoff and Dan Ball used to play together in a band called Accident Scene. In February and March 2010, Acres of Lions guitarist Tyson Yerex played guitar and keyboard with Florida band Against Me!. In March and April 2010, Acres of Lions vocalist Jeff Kalesnikoff played guitar with Toronto band, Theset.
- "BULLION". hsatworks.s134.coreserver.jp. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Acres Of Lions - Dance Sequence". muchmusic.com. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "wl.com". www.warnelivesey.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "International Songwriting Competition - The #1 Song Contest for Songwriters". www.songwritingcompetition.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Cordova Bay Records". www.cordovabay.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "!earshot charts - april 2009 - top 200". earshot-online.com. !earshot/NCRA. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Songs from Degrassi: Need You Now, pt. 2". www.teennick.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- Sheena Lyonnais. "Acres of Lions Rok Boutique Toronto ON". exclaim.ca. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Acres of Lions Team Up with Ten Second Epic for Canadian Tour". exclaim.ca. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "This year's 20 Peak Performance Project finalists". vancouversun.com/. Postmedia Network Inc. 26 August 2010. Archived from the original on 9 November 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- Mike Devlin (26 November 2011). "Victoria's 10 best bands". timescolonist.com/index.html. Postmedia Network Inc. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Acres of Lions 'Home(s)' (album stream)". exclaim.ca. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Home(S) by Acres Of Lions on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- Mike Devlin (15 September 2011). "Viral video lionizes band before contest". vancouversun.com. Postmedia Network Inc. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- Acres of Lions: Collections. iTunes
- "Acres Of Lions: Working". MapleMusic.
- "Working by Acres Of Lions on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Acres Of Lions: Never Surrender". iTunes.
- MySpace - Accident Scene
- Mike Devlin (3 March 2010). "A tour to remember". timescolonist.com/index.html. Postmedia Network Inc. Retrieved 20 September 2011.