|Type||Privately held company|
Rheinweg 9, 8200 Schaffhausen,
Number of locations
|Products||Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office formerly Acronis True Image, Acronis Disk Director, Acronis Cyber Protect, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, Acronis Cyber Files Cloud, Acronis Files Connect, Acronis VSS Doctor, Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery, Acronis SnapDeploy, Acronis MassTransit|
|Revenue||120,000,000 United States dollar (2008)|
Number of employees
Acronis International GmbH, simply referred to as Acronis, is a Swiss technology company with its corporate headquarters in Schaffhausen, Switzerland and global headquarters in Singapore. Acronis develops on-premises and cloud software with unique integration of backup, disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and endpoint management. Acronis has 18 offices worldwide. Its R&D centers, Acronis Labs, are based in Bulgaria, the United States and Singapore. Acronis has 49 cloud data centers around the world, including the United States, France, Singapore, Japan, and Germany.
Acronis was founded by Serg Bell, Ilya Zubarev and Stanislav Protassov in 2001 as a separate business unit within SWsoft. In 2003, Acronis was spun off as a separate company. The company moved from a focus on disk partitioning and boot loader software to a focus on backup and disaster recovery software based on disk imaging technology.
In 2006, SWsoft partnered with Acronis to resell Acronis True Image Server for SWsoft Plesk 8.1 control panel software. The software is standalone and works with other control panels, which enables service providers to offer backup and recovery capabilities with dedicated hosting packages.
In September 2012, Acronis acquired GroupLogic, Inc., which allowed Acronis to integrate mobile devices, including Apple, into enterprise environments through acquisition of software that formed Acronis Access Advanced. The acquisition expanded Acronis’ data protection on mobile devices. GroupLogic gained access to Acronis’ customer base.
In May 2013, co-founder and Board Director, Serg Bell, returned as CEO after working on other ventures. In December that same year, Acronis announced the launch of an official research and development wing, Acronis Labs.
Acronis won the Mobility Product of the Year award at the Network Computing Awards in 2014. In 2014, Acronis acquired BackupAgent, a cloud backup company, and nScaled, a disaster recovery software company.
The Global Partner Program through Acronis was launched in March 2015. The program gives partner companies access to the Acronis AnyData Engine. Also in 2015, Acronis won the ChannelPro Readers’ Choice Award for Best Backup and Disaster Recovery Vendor. In July 2015, Acronis announced a partnership with ProfitBrick to make Acronis Backup Cloud available for ProfitBrick's cloud computing platform. In 2019, it was announced that Acronis would sponsor the ROKiT Williams F1 Team and SportPesa Racing Point. Acronis was the Gold Stevie Award winner under the Awards for the Innovation in Technology Development category at the 2019 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards.
In 2019, the company acquired 5nine Software, a cloud management and security company. In 2020, the company acquired endpoint Data Loss Prevention Vendor DeviceLock. Acronis chief officers (Steiner in 2019, Magdanurov in 2020) confirmed their plans to integrate the capabilities of both software product lines into the Acronis Cyber Cloud Solutions portal over time.
In July 2021, founder and CEO Serg Bell voluntarily stepped down from his role and was replaced by Patrick Pulvermueller, former president of GoDaddy. In October 2021, Acronis partnered with Addigy, provider of the cloud-based Apple device management platform, for its latest integration of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud.
- Comparison of disk cloning software
- List of disk cloning software
- List of disk partitioning software
- "Acronis appoints Patrick Pulvermueller as Chief Executive Officer". acronis.com (Press release). 7 July 2021.
- Acronis. "Career". Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- Raffo, Dave (27 February 2014). "Acronis backup strategy: Protect any data, anywhere". SearchDataBackup. Archived from the original on March 4, 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "INTERVIEW - Acronis to continue investing in R&D ops in Bulgaria". seenews.com. Retrieved 2022-02-24.
- Capital.bg. "Патрик Пулвермюлер, Acronis: В София скоро ще достигнем 1000 души". www.capital.bg (in Bulgarian). Retrieved 2022-02-25.
- "Acronis Invest $10 Million in R&D Labs". Storage Newsletter. December 12, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Michael Tegos (May 11, 2015). "Acronis bolsters Singapore presence with new R&D center, will tap into local talent". Tech in Asia. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- "Acronis Cyber Cloud Data Centers". Acronis. Retrieved 2022-02-25.
- Paul Mah (September 15, 2014). "Acronis opens four new data centers". Datacenter Dynamics. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Philipson, Graeme (4 December 2014). "Acronis head signals cloud future". Cloud. Australia: iTWire. Note: This citation supports origin via SWsoft, but not the list of founders other than Beloussov.
- Anjum, Zafar (18 February 2014). "'I am back': Acronis CEO Serg Bell". CIO Asia. International Data Group.
- David Marshall (December 13, 2006). "SWsoft Partners With Acronis". InfoWorld. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Breaking News; Acronis Acquires GroupLogic". GroupLogic. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Sharwood, Simon (3 September 2013). "Returning Acronis CEO plans Parallels universe". The Register. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "2014 Network Computing Awards". Network Computing Awards. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Ready the new Acronis Global Partner Program". 01 Net. July 9, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Best Backup and Disaster Recovery Vendor". ChannelPro Network. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Gulli Arnason (July 30, 2015). "ProfitBricks picks Acronis as exclusive backup solution provider". Financial News.
- "2019 Stevie Winners | Stevie Awards Asia Pacific". asia.stevieawards.com. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- Novinson, Michael. "Acronis Buys 5nine To Better Secure Microsoft Hyper-V And Azure". CRN.com. The Channel Company. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- Novinson, Michael. "Acronis Buys Endpoint Data Loss Prevention Vendor DeviceLock". CRN.com. The Channel Company. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- "Acronis CEO steps down, GoDaddy exec steps in". SearchDataBackup. Retrieved 2022-01-12.
- Jonny Evans (October 22, 2021). "Acronis gets deeper into the Apple enterprise with Addigy partnership". Computer World. Retrieved October 24, 2021.
- "IT-Sicherheit: Schweizer Cybersecurity-Einhorn Acronis bereitet sich auf Börsengang vor". www.handelsblatt.com (in German). Retrieved 2022-04-29.