|Privately held company|
|Founder||Serguei Beloussov, Max Tsypliaev, Ilya Zubarev, Stanislav Protassov|
Rheinweg 9, 8200 Schaffhausen,
Number of locations
|Serguei Beloussov (CEO), John Zanni (President)|
|Products||Acronis True Image, Acronis Disk Director, Acronis Migrate Easy, Acronis Backup, Acronis Access, Acronis Storage, Acronis DR Service, Acronis SnapDeploy|
Number of employees
|more than 1000 (2018)|
Acronis International GmbH, simply referred to as Acronis, is a global technology company with Corporate Headquarters in Schaffhausen, Switzerland and International Headquarters in Singapore. Acronis develops on-premises and cloud software for backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share and data access. Acronis has 18 offices worldwide. Its R&D Centers, Acronis Labs, are based in the United States and Singapore. Acronis has Cloud data centers internationally, including the United States, France, Singapore, Japan, and Germany.
Acronis was founded by Serguei Beloussov, Ilya Zubarev, Stanislav Protassov and Max Tsyplyaev in 2001 as a separate business unit within SWsoft. In 2003, Acronis was spun off as a separate company. The company moved from a focus on disk partitioning and boot loader software to a focus on backup and disaster recovery software based on disk imaging technology.
In 2006, SWsoft partnered with Acronis to resell Acronis True Image Server for SWsoft Plesk 8.1 control panel software. The software is standalone and works with other control panels, which enables service providers to offer backup and recovery capabilities with dedicated hosting packages.
In September 2012, Acronis acquired GroupLogic, Inc., which allowed Acronis to integrate mobile devices, including Apple, into enterprise environments through acquisition of software that formed Acronis Access Advanced. The acquisition expanded Acronis’ data protection on mobile devices. GroupLogic gained access to Acronis’ customer base.
In May 2013, co-founder and Board Director, Serguei Beloussov, returned as CEO after working on other ventures. In December that same year, Acronis announced the launch of an official research and development wing, Acronis Labs.
Acronis won the Mobility Product of the Year award at the Network Computing Awards in 2014. In 2014, Acronis acquired BackupAgent, a cloud backup company, and nScaled, a disaster recovery software company.
The Global Partner Program through Acronis was launched in March 2015. The program gives partner companies access to the Acronis AnyData Engine. Also in 2015, Acronis won the ChannelPro Readers’ Choice Award for Best Backup and Disaster Recovery Vendor. In July 2015, Acronis announced a partnership with ProfitBrick to make Acronis Backup Cloud available for ProfitBrick’s cloud computing platform.
Acronis develops backup, disaster recovery, secure file access, sync and share, and partitioning software for the home, and small to medium-sized enterprises. Its backup software includes Acronis True Image which uses full-system image backup technology. The Acronis Cloud platform includes backups, disaster recovery, and file sync and share for a set of cloud applications which are delivered by service providers.
Acronis Backup and Acronis Backup Advanced are a disk-based backup and recovery programs. Aside from backup software, Acronis also created Acronis Disk Director which is a shareware application that partitions a machine and allows it to run multiple operating systems, Acronis Snap Deploy which creates a standard configuration to easily organize new machines, Acronis Access Advanced which secures access to files that are synced between devices, and Acronis Access Connect, which is designed for Mac clients and runs on Windows servers. Acronis Data Protection Platform includes backup, disaster recover, and secure file sync and share.
- Acronis True Image
- Comparison of disk cloning software
- List of disk cloning software
- List of disk partitioning software
- Acronis (November 28, 2018). "Company information". Live Mint. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Raffo, Dave (27 February 2014). "Acronis backup strategy: Protect any data, anywhere". SearchDataBackup. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Acronis Invest $10 Million in R&D Labs". Storage Newsletter. December 12, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Michael Tegos (May 11, 2015). "Acronis bolsters Singapore presence with new R&D center, will tap into local talent". Tech in Asia. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Paul Mah (September 15, 2014). "Acronis opens four new data centers". Datacenter Dynamics. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Philipson, Graeme (4 December 2014). "Acronis head signals cloud future". Cloud. Australia: iTWire. Note: This citation supports origin via SWsoft, but not the list of founders other than Beloussov.
- Anjum, Zafar (18 February 2014). "'I am back': Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov". CIO Asia. International Data Group.
- David Marshall (December 13, 2006). "SWsoft Partners With Acronis". InfoWorld. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Breaking News; Acronis Acquires GroupLogic". GroupLogic. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Sharwood, Simon (3 September 2013). "Returning Acronis CEO plans Parallels universe". The Register. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "2014 Network Computing Awards". Network Computing Awards. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Ready the new Acronis Global Partner Program". 01 Net. July 9, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Best Backup and Disaster Recovery Vendor". ChannelPro Network. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Gulli Arnason (July 30, 2015). "ProfitBricks picks Acronis as exclusive backup solution provider". Financial News.
- "Acronis names Al Hosani MEA distributor". Trade Arabia. July 1, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Mellor, Christopher (7 October 2013). "Acronis CEO: Anyone can undercut Amazon. Reg hack: Prove it". The Register. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Trainer, Tom (7 November 2013). "Data Protection Technologies For Cloud Environments". Network Computing. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Nathan Eddy (July 9, 2015). "Acronis Launches Cloud-Based Data Protection Platform". eWeek. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Simon Williams (November 30, 2010). "How to create a drive partition using Acronis". PC Advisor. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Ron Barrett (February 12, 2009). "Acronis Snap Deploy 3: Disk imaging in a Snap!". Network World. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Acronis Access provides mobile IT file sharing and syncing". MacWindows. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Fred Donovan (May 26, 2015). "Acronis renames Mac-Windows file-sharing platform, adds support for mobile devices". FierceMobile IT. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Chris Mellor (June 24, 2014). "Backup bods Acronis extend disk-imaging support to Macs at last". The Register. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Michael Cusanelli (July 9, 2015). "Acronis Unveils New Data Protection Platform". The Var Guy. Retrieved September 25, 2015.