Across the Great Divide Tour (DVD)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Across the Great Divide Tour|
|Video by Powderfinger and Silverchair|
|Released||1 December 2007 (Australia)|
|Recorded||29 August – 26 October 2007|
|Genre||Post-grunge, alternative rock|
|Silverchair VHS/DVD chronology|
The Across the Great Divide Tour was a live DVD and release by Australian rock bands Powderfinger and Silverchair. Released on 1 December 2007, it followed two Melbourne concerts during the bands' two-month-long nationwide tour, titled the Across the Great Divide tour. The DVD was produced by filming company PVC Live, who have produced DVD releases for U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Radiohead. It was mixed in the United States in 5.1 surround sound, and filmed with 24 cameras.
The DVD included a 90-minute documentary titled Behind the Great Divide, which followed the band members during the different concerts and events of the tour.
Awards and accreditations
On 19 October 2008, the DVD won an award for Best Music DVD at the 22nd Annual ARIA Awards put on by the Australian Recording Industry Association. They beat fellow nominees, Hilltop Hoods, Paul Kelly, John Butler, Wolfmother for the honor.
Disc one and two featured a gallery of photographs taken at the Melbourne performances.
- "Head Up in the Clouds"
- "Waiting for the Sun"
- "Lost and Running"
- "Nobody Sees"
- "Love Your Way"
- "I Don't Remember"
- "Already Gone"
- "Who Really Cares (Featuring the Sound of Insanity)"
- "The Crux"
- "Black Tears"
- "These Days"
- "My Happiness"
- "Bless My Soul"
- "(Baby I've Got You) On My Mind"
- "Substitute" – a track which both bands covered and performed, the original is by The Who.
- "Young Modern Station" (Young Modern)
- "Israel's Son" (Frogstomp)
- "Emotion Sickness" (Neon Ballroom)
- "Without You" (Diorama)
- "Reflections of a Sound" (Young Modern)
- "Insomnia" (Young Modern)
- "Ana's Song (Open Fire)" (Neon Ballroom)
- "Those Thieving Birds (Part 1)/Strange Behaviour/Those Thieving Birds (Part 2)" (Young Modern)
- "The Greatest View" (Diorama)
- "Luv Your Life" (Diorama)
- "Straight Lines" (Young Modern)
- "The Door" (Freak Show)
- "Mind Reader" (Young Modern)
- "If You Keep Losing Sleep" (Young Modern)
- "Freak" (Freak Show)
The documentary was titled Behind the Great Divide. Segments included were:
- "Two Bands"
- "Hello Newcastle"
- "This Is Very Exciting Stuff"
- "You Might Need The Wide Lens"
- "Shambolic Jam"
- "A Four Nugget Experience"
- "Curse Your Stormy Weather"
- "Jake You Took Us The Long Way"
- "That's My Favourite Tambourine"
- "They Were So Much Better Than Shelbyville"
- "Bye Everyone, Thanks For Coming"
- "That Will Never Make the DVD"
- Bernard Fanning – vocals, keys, guitars
- Darren Middleton – guitars, backing vocals
- Ian Haug – guitars, backing vocals
- John Collins – bass guitar
- Jon Coghill – drums, percussion
- Lachlan Doley – keys
Behind The Great Divide
- Cameron Barnett – director
- Peter Fowler – director
- Victoria Conners-Bell – producer
- Darwin CitySearch review
- "ARIA Charts - End of Year Charts - Top 50 Music DVDs 2007". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 14 April 2009.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2007 DVD". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Archived from the original on 27 May 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2009.
- "2008: 22nd Annual ARIA Awards". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 14 April 2009.
- Across the Great Divide tour 2007 (DVD). Australia: Egg The Nest Songs Pty Ltd. and Silverchair Recording Pty Ltd. 2007.