||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)
The Across the Great Divide Tour was a live DVD and release by Australian rock bands Powderfinger and Silverchair. Released on 1 December 2007, it followed two Melbourne concerts during the bands' two-month-long nationwide tour, titled the Across the Great Divide tour. The DVD was produced by filming company PVC Live, who have produced DVD releases for U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Radiohead. It was mixed in the United States in 5.1 surround sound, and filmed with 24 cameras.
The DVD included a 90-minute documentary titled Behind the Great Divide, which followed the band members during the different concerts and events of the tour.
Awards and accreditations
The DVD was ranked at #13 on the ARIA's End of Year Charts for the Top 50 Music DVDs in 2007, and was also certified 2x Platinum (over 30,000 units sold).
On 19 October 2008, the DVD won an award for Best Music DVD at the 22nd Annual ARIA Awards put on by the Australian Recording Industry Association. They beat fellow nominees, Hilltop Hoods, Paul Kelly, John Butler, Wolfmother for the honor.
Disc one and two featured a gallery of photographs taken at the Melbourne performances.
- "Head Up in the Clouds"
- "Waiting for the Sun"
- "Lost and Running"
- "Nobody Sees"
- "Love Your Way"
- "I Don't Remember"
- "Already Gone"
- "Who Really Cares (Featuring the Sound of Insanity)"
- "The Crux"
- "Black Tears"
- "These Days"
- "My Happiness"
- "Bless My Soul"
- "(Baby I've Got You) On My Mind"
- "Substitute" – a track which both bands covered and performed, the original is by The Who.
- "Young Modern Station" (Young Modern)
- "Israel's Son" (Frogstomp)
- "Emotion Sickness" (Neon Ballroom)
- "Without You" (Diorama)
- "Reflections of a Sound" (Young Modern)
- "Insomnia" (Young Modern)
- "Ana's Song (Open Fire)" (Neon Ballroom)
- "Those Thieving Birds (Part 1)/Strange Behaviour/Those Thieving Birds (Part 2)" (Young Modern)
- "The Greatest View" (Diorama)
- "Luv Your Life" (Diorama)
- "Straight Lines" (Young Modern)
- "The Door" (Freak Show)
- "Mind Reader" (Young Modern)
- "If You Keep Losing Sleep" (Young Modern)
- "Freak" (Freak Show)
The documentary was titled Behind the Great Divide. Segments included were:
- "Two Bands"
- "Hello Newcastle"
- "This Is Very Exciting Stuff"
- "You Might Need The Wide Lens"
- "Shambolic Jam"
- "A Four Nugget Experience"
- "Curse Your Stormy Weather"
- "Jake You Took Us The Long Way"
- "That's My Favourite Tambourine"
- "They Were So Much Better Than Shelbyville"
- "Bye Everyone, Thanks For Coming"
- "That Will Never Make the DVD"
Behind The Great Divide
- Cameron Barnett – director
- Peter Fowler – director
- Victoria Conners-Bell – producer