Across the Hall
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Across the Hall|
Theaterical released poster
|Directed by||Alex Merkin|
|Produced by||Jeff Bowler|
|Written by||Alex Merkin|
|Music by||Bobby Tahouri|
|Edited by||Alex Merkin|
|Distributed by||Image Entertainment|
Across the Hall is a 2009 American neo-noir thriller film directed by Alex Merkin and starring Mike Vogel, Danny Pino and Brittany Murphy. It is based on the 2005 short film of the same name and is the last film released in Murphy's lifetime.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)
Convinced that his fiancee (Brittany Murphy) is cheating on him, a man (Danny Pino) follows her to a hotel and calls his best friend (Mike Vogel) to help him avoid a calamity.
- Mike Vogel as Julian, Terry's best friend who cheats with June.
- Danny Pino as Terry, the husband who gets cheated on by June with Julian.
- Brittany Murphy as June, the beautiful girl who cheats on Terry with Julian.
- Natalie Smyka as Anna, Julian's former lover who figures out Julian is cheating with June and refuses to help him.
- Brad Greenquist as The Porter, the hotel's only employee, who helps guests register and get to their rooms.
The film has been praised by its stylish manufacture and outstanding performance by the main actors. The contrast between the emotions experienced by the main characters against the background of the rundown hotel and the formality of the porter has been pointed out as a great plot device. Nevertheless, some critics believe that the expansion of the short feature into a longer film was not entirely successful.
|This article about a 2000s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|