Across the Sea of Time
|Across the Sea of Time|
|Directed by||Stephen Low|
|Produced by||Stephen Low|
|Written by||Andrew Gellis|
|Narrated by||Dennis O'Connor|
|Music by||John Barry|
|Edited by||James Lahti|
Sony New Technologies
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|Box office||$16 million|
Across the Sea of Time is a 1995 American IMAX 3D short adventure film produced and directed by Stephen Low, and written by Andrew Gellis. It stars Peter Reznick as a young Russian boy who travels to the United States in search of his ancestor's family.
The plot centres around a real life Russian immigrant, searching for his family, who is given the name Leopold Minton by the Ellis Island immigration officials (because they are unable to pronounce his Russian name). Minton is employed by a company to take stereoscopic photographs for the (at that time) popular Holmes stereoscope. This provides the film with an excuse to show many stereoscopic images, both past and present, of New York.
Minton, who had no fear of heights, produced an unrivalled collection of images of the development of New York's skyscrapers. Minton also documented the construction of New York's subway system. The film also includes a number of Minton's private stereo photographs that were not publicly released during his lifetime. Some of these images reveal how Minton was able to take some of the photographs of the skyscraper construction without actually standing on them.
- Peter Reznick as Thomas Minton
- John McDonough as Freighter Chief
- Victor Steinbach as Seaman—Pilot
- Peter Boyden as ConEd Worker
- Philip Levy as Hot Dog Vendor
- Nick Muglia as Policeman
- Abby Lewis as Julia Minton
- Matt Malloy as Wall Street Businessman
- Luigi Petrozza as Pizza Pie Man
- Bernard Ferstenberg as Pickle Vendor
- Robert Buckley as Socialite
- Donald Trump as Donald Trump
- Patrick Flynn as Bartender
- The Wonder of America
- Into New York
- Ellis Island
- Never Have I Felt So Free
- The Lower East Side
- The Automobile, The Telephone
- The Subway
- The Subway Ride
- Coney Island
- Up to the Sky
- Flight Over New York
- Central Park
- Times Square and Broadway
- Scary Night in the Park
- A New Day Will Come
- Welcome to America, Welcome to New York
- Across the Sea of Time
Across the Sea of Time grossed $16,015,639.
- "Across the Sea of Time (U)". British Board of Film Classification. December 12, 1997. Retrieved November 29, 2016.
- "Across the Sea of Time (1995)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. May 20, 2004. Retrieved November 29, 2016.
- "Across the Sea of Time (1995)". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved November 29, 2016.
- Across the Sea of Time on IMDb
- Across the Sea of Time at the TCM Movie Database
- Across the Sea of Time at the American Film Institute Catalog
- Across the Sea of Time at Box Office Mojo
- Across the Sea of Time at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|