Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||non-fiction, relationships, psychology, self-help|
|Pages||240 (first edition)|
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man is a book by Steve Harvey which describes for women Harvey's concept of what men really think about love, relationships, intimacy, and commitment.
- "The problem for all too many women who call in to my radio show, though, is that they just can't get that reciprocation from men, and women then end up feeling disappointed, disenfranchised, and disillusioned by their failed relationships in-addition for most failurity of relationship women's are the reason because women can't trust men."
- "I teach them very quickly that expecting a man to respond to them the way a woman would is never going to work. They then realize that a clear-eyed, knowing approach to dealing with men on their terms, on their turf, in their way, can, in turn, get women exactly what they want."
In his book, Harvey instructs women on how to be a "keeper" rather than a "sports fish". He asserts that men are "simple", and that women should understand that they can never be first in a man's life without understanding and accepting that men are driven by:
- Who they are
- What they do
- How much they make
He says it's "just plain dumb" to let a man lock you into a monogamous premarital relationship, where you share a bed, bills, and even kids. The only way to convert your "committed relationship" into a marriage is to insist on setting a date for the wedding.
A feature film based on the book, titled Think Like a Man, was released by Sony Pictures' Screen Gems subsidiary on April 20, 2012. Harvey served as an executive producer on the film and made a cameo appearance as himself.
- Harvey, Steve (6 October 2009). "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment". Harper Collins – via Google Books.
- Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment, page 198.
- "Act Like A Lady, Think Like Steve Harvey". 6 February 2009.
|This article about a self-help book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|