||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genres||Alternative rock, electro, rock|
|Labels||Eibon, My Kingdom Music|
|Past members||Nicholas Hill
Sergio Calzoni formed Act Noir together with Stefano Nieri. Soon afterwards the newborn band found in Michele Gozzi and Claudio Pilati the right complement.
Relocated in Copenhagen, Sergio acquainted Nicholas Hill (singer of the space rock band The Univerzals) and after some time he joined Act Noir as main vocalist.
In June 2003 the band released the promo-CD "Cosmo Minimized". One of the tracks was included in the sampler "k:goth", compiled by the web-magazine Kronic. During the same year the Italian band MonumentuM commissioned to Act Noir the remix of the track "Distance". The remix was included in Metastasi, album containing rarities and various unreleased material by MonumentuM.
In December 2005, Act Noir signed a record deal with My Kingdom Music, for the release of Act Noir's debut CD Automatisme Psychique. On March the 3rd, 2006 the album was issued worldwide.
At the beginning of 2006, the new singer Mark Benoit joined Act Noir.
In the same year, Sergio started working with Colloquio's mastermind Gianni Pedretti for the production of the album Si Muove e Ride, released in July 2007 by Eibon Records.
In April, the band played as open-act for the Italian tour of John Foxx, while in June, they were invited to play in London at club Slimelight with Clan Of Xymox and Violet Stigmata. In the same year, contemporary artist Francesco Arena commissioned to Act Noir a fifteen minutes soundtrack for a video-installation included in his project "Respiri/Breath".
A previously unreleased track is included in the download-compilation In the Dark Room vol. 1, compiled by the web-magazine Darkroom.
At beginning of the year Act Noir parted ways with vocalist Mark Benoit. Soon afterwards the band started working with new singer Gaetano Notarnicola on the second album "Shape a New Start".
With the support of Eibon Records, on January the new record "Shape a New Start" was released worldwide.
- Gaetano Notarnicola - vocals
- Sergio Calzoni - electronics
- Stefano Nieri - guitar
- Michele Gozzi - bass
- Claudio Pilati - drums
- "Automatisme Psychique" (2006)
- "Shape a New Start" (2010)
- "Cosmo Minimized E.P." (2003)
- "k:goth" (2003)
- "Metastasi" (2003)
- Signa Sørensen performance/installation "Nika Is Dead" (2002)
- Production/sound-design of Colloquio album "Si Muove e Ride" (2007)
- Francesco Arena's installation "Respiri/Breath" (2007)
- Official site, including music and informative resources
- (Italian) Interview with Sergio Calzoni
- Gothic online - band history.
- Interview on Gryphon Metal - exhaustive interview on the Swiss magazine "Gryphon Metal".
- Eibon Records - record label website.