Acta Médica Portuguesa
Acta Médica Portuguesa is a peer-reviewed medical journal covering all aspects of medicine that is published by the Portuguese Medical Association on behalf of the Portuguese Order of Physicians. Types of articles published include: original research, reviews, publishing, and medical imaging perspective. It is an open access journal published under a Creative Commons licence (BY-NC-ND).
Acta Médica Portuguesa was established in February 1979. In 1987, the journal was acquired by the Southern Regional Section of the Portuguese Order of Physicians. In March 1989, it became the official journal of the Order of Physicians. Since 2004, the journal has been available only in digital format.
The following persons have been editors-in-chief of the journal:
- A. Galvão-Teles (1979-1987)
- F. Veiga Fernandes (1987-1993)
- A. Sales Luís (1993-1996)
- Carlos Ribeiro (1996-1998)
- J. Germano de Sousa (1999-2004)
- Pedro Nunes (2005-2010)
- Rui Tato Marinho (2011–present)
Abstracting and indexing
Acta Médica Portuguesa is abstracted and indexed in:
- "CV Alberto Galvão-Teles" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- Homepage Carlos Ribeiro Archived June 23, 2010, at the Portuguese Web Archive.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Medicine, General and Internal". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.