|Edited by||Hugo Lagercrantz|
|Acta Paediatrica Scandinavica|
It was established in 1921 and renamed Acta Paediatrica Scandinavica in 1964, returning to its original title in 1992. The original aim of the journal was "to give studies from the Nordic countries a worldwide audience" and papers were published in English, German and French; the journal later became an English-only journal. Since Rolf Zetterström became editor in the 1960s, the journal increasingly also published studies from outside the Nordic countries. At the end of Zetterström's tenure as editor in the early 2000s, nearly two thirds of papers were authored by non-Nordic researchers.
The journal is owned by the nonprofit Foundation Acta Paediatrica, which is hosted by the Karolinska Institute, where all the chief editors have been professors and the editorial office has always been based. The journal was published on behalf of the foundation by the Swedish publisher Almqvist & Wiksell from 1921 to 1992, by the Norwegian publisher Universitetsforlaget from 1992 to 2000, by Taylor & Francis from 2000 to 2007 and by Blackwell Publishing (later Wiley-Blackwell) from 2007.
In addition to its ordinary issues the journal has published nearly 500 supplements.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
The following persons are or have been editor-in-chief of the journal:
- Isak Jundell, 1921–1945
- Adolf Lichtenstein, 1945–1950
- Arvid Wallgren, 1950–1964
- Rolf Zetterström, 1965–2005
- Hugo Lagercrantz, 2005–present
- Lagercrantz, Hugo (December 2016). "Acta Paediatrica from Print (1921-2016) to Online only". Acta Paediatrica. 105 (12): 1380–1381. doi:10.1111/apa.13617.
- "Acta Paediatrica genom tiderna" (PDF). Barnläkaren. The Swedish Paediatric Society. 13 (3): 24–27. 2004.
- Meberg, Alf; Lagercrantz, Hugo (2017-07-28). "Acta Paediatrica – Internasjonalt tidsskrift med Skandinavisk profil". Paidos (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Biological Abstracts - Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Archived from the original on 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Embase Coverage". Embase. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Acta Paediatrica". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Source details: Acta Paediatrica". Scopus preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Acta Paediatrica". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2018.