|Directed by||Anil Sunkara|
|Produced by||Rama Brahmam Sunkara|
|Edited by||M. R. Verma|
Action 3D is a 2013 Indian Telugu comedy film in 3D. The film is directed by Anil Sunkara and features an ensemble cast of Allari Naresh, Shaam, Vaibhav, Raju Sundaram, Neelam Upadhyaya. Sneha Ullal, Kamna Jethmalani and Sheena Shahabadi.
- Allari Naresh as Bala Vardhan aka Bava
- Shaam as Ajay
- Vaibhav as Shiva
- Raju Sundaram as Purushottam aka Purush
- Brahmanandam as Magnet Mama
- Neelam Upadhyaya as Geetha
- Sneha Ullal as Sameera
- Kamna Jethmalani as Anitha
- Ritu Barmecha as Sandhya
- Sheena Shahabadi as Shruthi
- M. S. Narayana as Bokka Venkatrao
- Ali as ATM Jackson
- Krishna Bhagawan
- Master Bharath
- Sudeep in a guest appearance
- Sunil in a guest appearance as Oruganti Bala Mahesh
- Posani Krishna Murali in a guest appearance
Anil Sunkara, making his directorial debut after the success of his production venture Dookudu, signed on Allari Naresh to play the lead role in a comedy 3D film in November 2011. In March 2012, the cast was finalised with Shaam, Raju Sundaram and Vaibhav. Kamna Jethmalani, Neelam Upadhyaya and Sneha Ullal were also selected to play leading female roles in the film. Bappa Lahiri, son of Bappi Lahiri, was signed on to compose the film's songs while Sunny M.R. composed the film's background score. The film will be shot in 3D with the Red One camera system by Sarvesh Murari, with technicians brought in from the USA to guide production. Sunil and Posani Krishna Murali made guest appearances.
The Tamil version of the film was titled as Aasu Raja Rani Jackie Matrum Joker and the Telugu version was titled as Action, with both versions being launched at Karnataka School located in T Nagar, Chennai on 22 March 2012, with Tamil Nadu Governor K. Rosaiah gracing the event as chief guest. The film is expected to be shot across the USA and Thailand. Since 3D Camera does not support Zoom-in, Naresh had to use 78 retakes to complete a fight shot jumping six feet in the air to land a punch which should end exactly 3 feet from the camera from 8 PM to 6 AM. Also, Naresh and Neelam Upadhyay shot the remix of the song "Swati Mutyapu Jallulo", from Nagarjuna's Prema Yuddham, which gained a cult status in those days. The film's filming and post-production activities were wrapped up on 8 June 2013 and a function was held in regard of this fact. However, apart from Multiplexes and A Centers, the film is releasing in 3D even in C Centers using Anaglyph 3D technology to overcome poor infrastructure in C centers for which special glasses were imported from China. After getting feedback from the audience on the day of release, 15 minutes of film were edited out of the second half.
Oneindia Entertainment gave a review of rating 3/5 stating "Watch it for the fun of it. Enjoy a 3D Telugu film with good enough acting, Action 3D". many adaptations from Hollywood Hangover and Bollywood Dhamaal.
The film's poor performance at the box office meant that the Tamil version, Aasu Raja Rani Jackie Matrum Joker, did not have a release.
|Soundtrack album by Bappi Lahiri & Bappa Lahiri|
|Released||22 April 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Bappi Lahari and his son Bappa Lahari composed the songs for this film. The audio was launched on 22 April 2013 at Prasads Multiplex in Hyderabad.
|1.||"Sunday Monday"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Ranjith, Suchitra||04:41|
|2.||"Pretty Girl"||Sirasri||Raghu Kunche||02:38|
|3.||"Oo Lala"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Bappi Lahari||05:13|
|4.||"Ding Dong"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Priya Himesh, Chinni Charan||03:49|
|5.||"Swathi Mutyapu Jallulalo"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||Karthik, Divija||04:49|
|6.||"Mamasitha"||Bhuvanachandra||Baba Sehgal & Bappi Lahari||04:09|
- "The third dimension". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 5 November 2011.
- "Sunil's special appearance in 'Action 3D'". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Str Spotted With Venkat Prabhu". Behindwoods. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Anil Sunkara's Action launched in Chennai | AP LIVE NEWS | Reviews | ANDHRA PRADESH |TELUGU CINEMA |POLITICAL NEWS | LIVETV | JOBS | GALLERY". Aplive.net. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "How difficult it is to shoot a film in 3D –Allari Naresh". SuperGoodMovies. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Allari Naresh to step for Nagarjuna's rain song". SuperGoodMovies. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Allari Naresh's 'Action 3D' Wrap-up function". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Action 3D using Anaglyph technology for C centers". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Action 3D second half trimmed significantly". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Action 3D - Movie Review". Oneindia Entertainment. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Action 3D Telugu Movie Review, Rating". apHerald.com. Retrieved 21 June 2013.