|Industry||Video game industry
The company Action Forms was founded in 1995. In 1997, their debut game Chasm: The Rift was released. Subsequently the company has earned recognition as developer of Carnivores series, in which Action Forms has developed 3 titles. The company used their own game engine AtmosFear in every released game since Carnivores. In 2005 Vivisector: Beast Within and «Остров Сокровищ» (Ostrov Sokrovisch) based on the Soviet animated film Treasure Island, which itself was based on the novel of the same name by Robert Louis Stevenson, were released. In 2009 Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason, which uses modified game engine AtmosFear 4, was released. Currently Action Forms is dormant. Main members of the company created the game development studio Tatem Games, focused on games for iOS platform and revived the Carnivores franchise.
List of games
- Chasm: The Rift (1997) (DOS)
- Carnivores (1998)
- Carnivores 2 (1999)
- Carnivores Ice Age (2000)
- Duke Nukem: Endangered Species (cancelled)
- Ostrov Sokrovishch (Остров сокровищ) (2005)
- Vivisector: Beast Within (2005)
- Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason (2009)
- Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter (2010) (iOS, PlayStation Portable) (in collaboration with Tatem Games)
- Carnivores: Ice Age (2011) (iOS) (in collaboration with Tatem Games)
- Game page on AG.ru
- Интервью с Игорем Каревым (Часть 1: Историческая) [Action Forms: Interview with Igor Karev (Part 1: Historical)] (in Russian). 25 March 2011.
- Интервью с Игорем Каревым (Часть 2: Портативная) [Action Forms: Interview with Igor Karev (Part 2: Portable)] (in Russian). 25 March 2011.
- About Tatem Games
- "Duke Nukem: Endangered Species cancelled". GameSpot. 18 December 2001.
- Official site of Action Forms Limited (currently not working, Malware alert pops up)
- Official site of Action Forms Limited (Wayback Machine)
- Action Forms page on MobyGames
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|