Action Movie Kid
Action Movie Kid is an action web series created by Daniel Hashimoto. It contains his son, James, as the main character. Each clip is a short home movie of James playing, when something dramatic happens: explosions, death-defying feats, and other crazy stunts. All of the dangerous effects and stunts are added in post-production by Daniel Hashimoto, who is a freelance visual effects arts and a visual development artist at DreamWorks Animation. He uses Adobe After Effects to make the short videos for YouTube.
The web series has 897,072 subscribers on YouTube and 355,475,930 views as of this update on Jan. 16, 2018.
Commercial Success Inspired by
In June 2014 The Escape Pod Ad Agency contacted Daniel Hashimoto to co-write and direct commercials for their client Toys"R"Us. In addition to writing and directing Hashimoto also did much of the VFX work along with Eric Miller Animation Studios.
2014 Streamy Award - Visual and Special Effects | Winner 
2014 Streamy Award - Action and Sci-Fi | Nominated
- "Action Movie Kid". www.twitter.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Action Movie Kid Plays Mario Grocery Kart". technabob.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "DreamWorks dad Daniel Hashimoto turns toddler son into lightsaber-wielding CGI superhero". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "DreamWorks dad Daniel Hashimoto turns toddler son into lightsaber-wielding CGI superhero". www.nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Action Movie Kid". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- "Toys'R'Us 2014: Behind the Scenes with Action Movie Kid & The Escape Pod". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "The 'Action Movie Kid' Dives Into A Toys R Us Ad Campaign". www.tubefilter.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "A Blank Canvas, and Endless Possibilities for an Animation Studio". www.blog.milleranimation.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Streamy Awards Big Winners Include 'Video Game High School,' LGBT Vlogger Tyler Oakley". www.thewrap.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- Action Movie Kid on YouTube