6.0.2 / August 18, 2016
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, OS X|
|Available in||English, French, Polski, Tiếng Việt, Russian, Deutsch|
|Type||Screencasting and eLearning software|
Free Edition: Freeware
Standard, Pro Edition: Commercial
ActivePresenter is a screencasting and eLearning software for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X which can be used to create software demonstrations, software simulations, quizzes. It allows exporting to series of images, HTML slideshows, documents (PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, videos (AVI, MP4, WMV, WebM), Flash videos and interactive simulations (HTML5, Adobe Flash). For eLearning, ActivePresenter can pack exported materials into SCORM or xAPI. For software simulations, it can use mouse hovers, left or right mouse clicks, key presses with modifier keys.
ActivePresenter can also be used to convert Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to one of its output formats with lack of some animations and effects, convert between several video formats indirectly.
ActivePresenter has been developed by Atomi Systems Inc. since 2007. Version 1.0 was released in October 2008 and became available in online market six months later with three editions, including free of charge edition.
Three editions are available at different prices, each having the capabilities of lower ones, plus added features. The features of the various editions are compared in a table on the ActivePresenter Web site.
This edition is free of charge (freeware). It has most ActivePresenter features, but unrestricted export is limited to JPEG and PNG images, and WMV, AVI, MPEG4, WebM video formats, and SCORM. Other output formats are supported to demonstrate features, but an obtrusive watermark is added to output, and even with watermark it may not be used for any other purpose. Pre-2012 versions added watermarks to all exported output.
This edition additionally allows exporting to series of images, videos, flash videos and documents. User can also export to Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, Adobe Flash or HTML5 simulations with watermark on them.
This additionally supports interactive simulations and quizzes in Adobe Flash .SWF or HTML5 output.
- Best sites and applications for screencasting
- ActivePresenter features comparison
- Tools for creating SCORM compliant content
- Tools for creating SCORM content
- ActivePresenter goes online.
- ActivePresenter Web site, comparison of features of editions
- ActivePresenter Free edition
- Discussion on Atomi Systems Web site. Company moderator says: "The difference between editions is just available output format, forbidden output format will have a watermark and can only be used for feature demonstration and not for any other purposes (neither commercial nor non-commercial)."
- From 22 January 2012 the ActivePresenter website (available via Wayback machine) announced "NO WATERMARK". Earlier versions did watermark exports.
- ActivePresenter Standard edition