|Privately held company|
|Founded||Bethesda, Maryland (2008)|
|Serguei Beloussov (Executive Chairman and Founder)
Mike Chtchelkonogov (CTO and Founder)
John Howell (Director and Founder)
Jon Roskill (CEO)
|Products||Acumatica Cloud ERP
Acumatica Financial Suite
Acumatica Distribution Suite
Acumatica Customer Management
Acumatica Project Accounting
Number of employees
|120 (as of December 2014)|
Acumatica, founded in 2008, is a technology provider that develops adaptable cloud- and browser-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) software designed to improve productivity of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The company is headquartered in the Seattle metropolitan area and has a number of satellite offices around the globe.
Acumatica's web-based ERP applications are built on top of its internally developed platform. The server software can be deployed on-premise, hosted in a data center, or run on a cloud-computing platform. The software can be licensed or purchased as a SaaS solution. Acumatica CEO Jon Roskill told Nucleus Research that the company will continue to expand horizontal functionality while channel partners continue to develop vertical extensions to the product line. Acumatica sells the following suites:
- Acumatica Financial Management Suite
- Acumatica Distribution Management Suite
- Acumatica Project Accounting Suite
- Acumatica Customer Management Suite
Acumatica's SaaS offering runs on Windows Azure and SQL Azure. Acumatica's licensed software runs on a Microsoft Windows Server with a Microsoft SQL database. Applications run as .NET managed code.
In November of 2008, Acumatica launched its first product, Acumatica ERP, alongside an accompanying financial demo. In the following year, on-premise and SaaS software versions were released. Acumatica's distribution software came a year later in April of 2010.
In September of 2012, former Microsoft General Manager and Worldwide SMB Sales & Marketing Operations Executive Yury Larichev joined Acumatica as its new Chief Operating Officer. Larichev became the company's Chief Executive Officer at the onset of 2013, soon after the company moved its headquarters to Kirkland, WA.
In early 2013, Acumatica appointed Christian Lindberg as VP of Partner Solutions. In March of the same year, Acumatica launched version 4.0 of its ERP suite, which introduced a new user interface as well as Acumatica Studio for ERP app development. The product launched in Asia 2 months later alongside the appointment of Erwan Philippe as the Asia General Manager. Jeff Wilson also joined the Acumatica team as Chief Financial Officer during this time.
In March of 2014, former Microsoft VP Jon Roskill was named Acumatica's new CEO. Acumatica launched its xRP Cloud Platform 2 months later. In the fall of 2014, Acumatica released the beta version of its new suite, Acumatica 5.0. Around the same time, Acumatica secured over $13 million in funding in an effort led by MYOB.
Awards and recognition
In 2012, Acumatica was named a Top 100 Global Finalist by Red Herring and number 1 in the Top 20 Coolest Cloud Vendors by CRN. Gleanster also labeled Acumatica the best SMB CRM suite in all four of its categories: Ease of Deployment, Ease of Use, Features/Functionality, and Overall Value.
In 2013, Acumatica was named one of CRN’s “20 Coolest Cloud Software Vendors of the Cloud” for “solid growth throughout 2012” and its “ability to offer ERP in a SaaS model or hosted on-premise” in a data center or the cloud. Acumatica was a finalist for the 2013 SIIA Software CODiE Awards for Best Supply Chain Management Solution, and it was also recognized as one of the top 50 Russian start-ups of the year.
In 2014, Acumatica won a Gold Stevie in the "New Product or Service of the Year" category for its Cloud Platform. Acumatica was awarded a SIIA Software CODiE Award in May of the same year for Best Supply Chain Management Solution.
Technology Evaluation Centers has publicly recognized the company, stating that "Old and new ERP establishments should watch out for Acumatica . . . Acumatica’s offerings give both new and old ERP software vendors a run for their money."
Acumatica's SaaS offering runs on Windows Azure and SQL Azure. Acumatica's licensed software runs on a Microsoft Windows Server with a Microsoft SQL database. Applications run as .NET managed code. Competitors include the following:
- "Company -". acumatica.com. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Contact -". acumatica.com. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- O'Gara, Maureen (2009-12-05). "Azure Gets its First Commercial ERP App". Cloud Computing Journal.
- McLaughlin, Kevin (2009-06-25). "Startup Acumatica Brings CRM, ERP To The Web". ChannelWeb.
- New Acumatica CEO Plans for Growth, Nucleus Research, April 2014(registration required)
- http://www.aqurus.ca/improvements-to-acumaticas-cloud-erp-reseller-program-2.html[dead link]
- Roe, David (2009-05-27). "Acumatica Business Management Suite Hosted Anywhere You Want". CMS Wire.
- Fineberg, Seth. "Acumatica Gets Distribution and Financing Deal, Eyes Accountants". Accounting Today. SourceMedia. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- "Acumatica Names Microsoft Exec Yury Larichev as Chief Operating Officer", Press release (Acumatica), September 10, 2012
- http://www.seattlepi.com/business/press-releases/article/Acumatica-Cloud-ERP-Appoints-Yury-Larichev-as-4192078.php[dead link]
- "Acumatica Moves Headquarters to Seattle Area". Accounting Technology. December 3, 2012.
- Whiting, Rick (15 February 2013). "Acumatica Hires Former Microsoft Exec To Manage ISV Partner Program". CRN. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- Fineberg, Seth (6 March 2013). "Acumatica Releases Version 4 Of Cloud ERP Software". Information Management. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Acumatica Cloud ERP Launches Latest 4.0 Version in the Philippines". Press release. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Acumatica Appoints Erwan Philippe as General Manager, Asia". Press release. Acumatica. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- Scott, Bob (21 March 2013). "Acumatica Picks CFO". Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Former Microsoft VP Jon Roskill named Acumatica CEO". Press release. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Acumatica Launches Cloud xRP Platform Enabling Software Companies to Get to SaaS Fast". Press release. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Acumatica Unveils 5.0 Beta, Honors Partners at 2014 Summit". Press release. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Acumatica Raises Over $13 Million in New Funding Round Led by Bain Capital-Owned MYOB". Press release. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "2011 RED HERRING GLOBAL TOP 100". Red Herring. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Andrew R. Hickey. "The 20 Coolest Cloud Software Vendors". CRN. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Gleansight: CRM for Small and Midsize Businesses, Gleanster, October 2012(registration required)
- "The 20 Coolest Cloud Software Vendors Of The Cloud 100". Slideshow. CRN. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Acumatica Cloud ERP Named SIIA Software CODiE Award Finalist for Best Supply Chain Management Solution". Press release. PR Web. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "The Top 50 Russian Start-Ups". Article. Russia Behind the Headlines. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "2014 New Product Awards & Product Management Categories". Stevie Awards. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/acumatica-wins-siia-software-codie-213000457.html[dead link]
- "Old and New ERP Establishments Should Watch Out for Acumatica". technologyevaluation.com. Retrieved 2 August 2015.