|Founded||Conway, Arkansas, U.S. (2018)|
|Headquarters||Conway, Arkansas, U.S.|
|Chad Engelgau, CEO|
Global Data Navigator
Unified Data Layer
Number of employees
Acxiom (pronounced "ax-ee-um") is a Conway, Arkansas-based database marketing company. The company collects, analyzes and sells customer and business information used for targeted advertising campaigns. The company was formed in 2018 when Acxiom Corporation (since renamed LiveRamp) spun off its Acxiom Marketing Services (AMS) division to global advertising network Interpublic Group of Companies.
The company has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
The business that became Acxiom was founded in 1969 as Demographics, Inc. by Charles D. Ward in Conway, Arkansas. In 1988 it became Acxiom Corporation, and by 2012, the New York Times reported that the company had the world’s largest commercial database on consumers.
On May 14, 2014, Acxiom Corporation announced that it had acquired LiveRamp, a data onboarding company, for $310 million.
In January 2017, Acxiom Corporation launched Audience Cloud, an anonymous targeting tool that allowed demographic segmentation of customers without revealing their actual identities.
In February 2018, Acxiom Corporation announced a reorganization into two divisions - Acxiom Marketing Solutions (AMS) and LiveRamp. In July, advertising company Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG) announced they were buying Acxiom Corporation's AMS business for $2.3 billion. In September, Acxiom Corporation officially changed its name to LiveRamp, allowing the AMS business owned by IPG to keep the Acxiom name. Also in September, the company introduced an open data framework allowing clients to combine online and offline data sources.
In December 2019, Acxiom integrated its data on AWS Data Exchange.
Acxiom provides anonymized customer data to marketers, allowing the delivery of more relevant ads to consumers, with more effective measurement.
Acxiom's client base in the United States consists primarily of companies in the financial, insurance and investment services, automotive, retail, telecommunications, healthcare, travel, entertainment, non-profit and government sectors.
- Audience Cloud identifies anonymous audience segments, and matches them with publications to display targeted ads when a member of the audience visits a particular site.
- Global Data Navigator service allows agencies to select global data elements by country.
- InfoBase is the company's brokered warehouse of consumer data.
- Personicx is a customer segmentation tool.
- Unified Data Layer (UDL) uses cloud architecture to help firms connect online and offline data, to better identify consumers' identities, with a goal of complying with GDPR privacy laws.
Acxiom's headquarters is located in Conway, Arkansas, United States. The company has additional U.S. offices in Austin, Texas, Downer's Grove, Illinois and New York, New York. International offices are located in the United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, and China.
- ^ a b "IPG Confirms $2.3 Billion Deal to Acquire Data Marketing Company Acxiom". adweek.com. 2018-07-02. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- ^ "Acxiom Names Scott Howe CEO". clickz.com. 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- ^ a b "IPG Confirms $2.3 Billion Deal to Acquire Data Marketing Company Acxiom". mrweb.com. 2018-09-21. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- ^ a b "Mapping, and Sharing, the Consumer Genome". The New York Times. 2012-06-16. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- ^ a b "Acxiom Corporation History". fundinguniverse.com. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- ^ "Acxiom Acquires LiveRamp to Boost Offline-to-Online Data Capability". adage.com. 2014-05-14. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- ^ a b "Acxiom launches Audience Cloud for unified audience segmentation and targeting". martechtoday.com. 2018-12-04. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- ^ "Investors Perk Up As Acxiom Announces Strategic Review, Potential Asset Sale". adexchanger.com. 2018-02-07. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- ^ "Acxiom to Divest AMS to Interpublic Group for $2.3 Billion". NASDAQ.com. 2018-07-03. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- ^ a b "Acxiom Launches Tool For Linking Martech And Ad Tech". mediapost.com. 2018-09-12. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- ^ "Ad giant IPG bets big on consumer data with $2.3 billion Acxiom deal". fastcompany.com. 2018-07-03. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- ^ "Profile: Acxiom Corp (ACXM.O)". reuters.com. 2018-12-04. Archived from the original on 2018-05-16. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- ^ "Acxiom Expands Its Global Data Services, Adds Three Countries". mediapost.com. 2018-09-12. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- ^ "Acxiom Offers InfoBase Database as a List". dmnews.com. 1998-03-10. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- ^ "Acxiom Launches Personicx International". dmnews.com. 2005-02-23. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- ^ "Locations". acxiom.com. Retrieved 2018-05-09.