|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Hangul||아주 특별한 손님|
|Hanja||아주 特別한 손님|
|Revised Romanization||Ajoo Teukbyeolhan Sonnim|
|McCune–Reischauer||Aju T‘ŭkpyŏlhan Sonnim|
|Directed by||Lee Yoon-ki|
|Produced by||Lee Yoon-ki
|Written by||Lee Yoon-ki|
|Based on||short story by Azuko Taira|
|Music by||Kim Jeong-beom|
|Edited by||Kim Hyeong-ju
|Distributed by||KBS Sky|
Ad-lib Night (Hangul: 아주 특별한 손님; RR: Aju teukbyeolhan sonnim; lit. "A Very Special Guest") is the third film by South Korean director Lee Yoon-ki. A group of boys from the country who have come to Seoul to find the runaway daughter of a dying man to be with him on his death bed. The film, based on a short story by Japanese writer Azuko Taira, debuted at the 11th annual Pusan International Film Festival as well as 57th Berlin International Film Festival.
Bo-kyung (Han Hyo-joo) is approached by two young men from the countryside, who are both convinced she is Myung-eun, a girl who left the village years ago and whose father is now dying. When they realize she isn't who they think she is, the more outspoken of the pair, Ki-yeong (Kim Yeong-min), asks her to be the "stand-in" for a night, so that the old man can die after seeing his estranged daughter one last time. Despite her hesitation, she gets in their car.
- Han Hyo-joo - Lee Bo-kyung
- Kim Yeong-min - Ki-yeong
- Choi Il-hwa - Ji-ho's father
- Yoon Hee-seok - Nam Taek-jong
- Lee Hyun-jung - Ji-ho's mother
- Kim Jung-ki - Young-eun's uncle
- Shin Yeong-jin - Young-eun's aunt
- Kwon Da-hyun - Lee Jin-young
- Gi Ju-bong - Myung-eun's father
- Kim Hye-ok - Myung-eun's mother
- Bae Jong-ok - Bo-kyung's mother (voice)
- Jin Yong-wook - Lee Sung-wook
- Lee Seung-yeon
- Yeo Min-gu
- 20th Singapore International Film Festival- Silver Screen Award: Best Actress (Han Hyo-joo)
- 9th Deauville Asian Film Festival: Lotus Air France - Prix de la Critique Internationale (International Critics' Prize)
- "Box office by Country: Ad-Lib Night". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- "Film File: Ad Lib Night". Berlinale. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- "Han Hyo-joo to Win Best Actress at Singapore Film Festival". KBS Global. 2 May 2007. Retrieved 2013-03-17.